Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: How not to be invited again....

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I get seasick very easilly, so am trying to edumacate myself to politely decline invitations
    Last thing I want is to ruin a trip
    me too, I get sea sick just standing on the beach sad really as I love seafood.
    nor-west, Pengy and Finnwolf like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
    It will be their first and last trip if they decide to have a rant about the state of the economy or politics in general, I like to get on the water and remove myself from that shit talk that dos'nt achieve anything apart from distracting my attention from the fishing.

And if they ever use the word "woke" in general conversation, their dead to me.
    And the words "narrative" and "sheeple". Use them and they should be biffed over board.
    sore head stoat likes this.

If he had a GOOD MAMMA, failing to act like she should have taught him to act. That covers a very wide variety of things. Anyone not knowing and willing to practice these things does not need to be invited to any gathering, much less confined with others on a boat!

Seasick...I am sure I only get invited as to my ability to leave a burley trail.

Quote Originally Posted by m101a1 View Post
    Not getting over side to hold boat while you go get tractor and trailer in calm water beach launching .
    Shouldn't have to get over the side, hold the boat offshore using the motor...what it is designed for. Always pisses me off that the boat skipper is the tractor/ute/car driver and wants his boat held in the shallows.
    widerange likes this.

Banned
    how about taking some c*nt who's a friend of a friend out,through incompetence be manages to break one of your (game) rods and refuses to even contribute to replacement coz he paid for some gas and his ho made a pie for the trip.
    Of course he was all apologetic and agreed it was his responsibility until we were back onshore
    mikee, Steve123 and Micky Duck like this.

My brother went trout fishing with a guy once. My brother landed 3 or 4 trout and then hooked up again. The other guy had caught zilch. When my brother hooked up the guy walked up to him with a pair of scissors and cut his line..... True story...... Strange to say; but he didn't fish with him again..........
    57jl, Micky Duck, Pixie Z and 2 others like this.

MB
    Being late, just once.

Punctures.
    gadgetman, Gibo and Russian 22. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus View Post
    If someone brings ungutted butterfish back to my boat (spearfishing), they get one warning. After that, no more invites.
    ???? stinky ?

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    ???? stinky ?
    They shit all over the place when they're dead
    dannyb likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

A long weekend fishing and hunting trip into Doubtful Sound on my boat. Someone pulled out late so a good mate of mine invited a workmate of his along. Bloke seemed OK on the trip down from Christchurch etc and once we got in there I put them all into good hunting spots. I didn't hunt at all, just made sure everyone else had a good crack at the hunting and fishing. My trips are always share direct costs evenly and share all fish/venison evenly.

This bloke shot a couple of deer (in spots I directed him to), completely ignored the pick-up times and radio scheds, meaning other guys were left on the beach getting eaten by sandflies. Not the end of the world but a bit rank.

Got back to Christchurch after the long drive from Manapouri and while we were pulled into where he'd left his car the rest of us were stretching our legs while he got his gear out. He quickly grabbed all of the venison while we weren't looking, put it in his vehicle and drove off without saying a word. He didn't even discuss paying his share of costs so my mate did, took my mate just over a year to get paid back.

Absolute prick, should never be invited on anyone's fishing or hunting trip again.
    Matt2308, Steve123, 57jl and 4 others like this.

MB
    Can't stand tight arse mofos. Not the guys who are genuinely hard up and upfront about it. I'm talking about the ones that can clearly afford it, but do everything they can to worm their way out of paying their share.

And, if someone said "virtue signalling" on my boat they would go overboard too.
    Shearer and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    And, if someone said "virtue signalling" on my boat they would go overboard too.
    for me mentioning "best practise", "moving forward" or "you don't know what you don't know" "future proofed" or "learnings" would have the same result
    Tahr, stingray, Pengy and 3 others like this.