Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Mouse plague

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Not allowed any kind of bait here as far as I am aware, also no stocking so not sure what the license is paying for in this region?
    Mouse imitation just like all the other flies.
    Licence. Pays for more than just stocking. Access arrangements, signage, Rangers etc. cheap fun compared to the birds.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Hmmm I not so sure about cheap fun.
    I don't shoot birds so forget that.
    I have caught or helped others catch well over 200 snapper this summer may even be over 400?
    would have cost me less than 40 dollars in fuel and oil for the whole summer feeding my family extended family neighbours and friends.
    I expect I would spend more than 40 dollars in diesel to even find a trout let alone catch one!

It is something I want to do(catch a trout "properly") but I think realistically my first legal trout will probably cost upwards of 500 dollars.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Caretaker

Mouse plague

VC, if you ever find yourself in Hawkes Bay and have time for a fish then i can shout you a trout license, loan you some gear, and take you to one of our back country rivers in the Kawekas.

You will catch your share of trout !!
    veitnamcam and Dundee like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    VC, if you ever find yourself in Hawkes Bay and have time for a fish then i can shout you a trout license, loan you some gear, and take you to one of our back country rivers in the Kawekas.

You will catch your share of trout !!
    Thanks 7mmsaum but I cant see me getting north again anytime soon.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.