Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: My son came out the closet today...

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    any updates on how this is progressing/panning out????
    We all just spoke about it over dinner. He doesn't think it, but the boy is much happier without screens Monday to Friday. We've put our screens down too and everyone is more interactive which is great.

Said I was going to the wharf last night to cast a line and he said he wanted to come. First cast resulted in a totally freak capture of a small rig on a microjig. He was pretty buzzed by dad catching a "shark" and wants to go fishing for big sharks on the boat. It's a start!

Mate...super cool progress..... absolutely stoked to read it.
    MB and pennyless like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Great result if he is involved in the processing and eating of the fish as well, he will really be hooked
    Micky Duck likes this.

Do `t push too hard...boys have different talents and interests in different year or month, if they play nice then play along with. When I was that age, I wanted to be in local school but they kicked me out because my residency on paper. When I want to be in basketball team at age 10, the coach said I was too tall for the rest team. When I want to join football team at age 15, they said I was bit short for a striker. When I want to learn economy in college, my bio-old man said you should learn something "useful" such as mechanic...
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Sometimes my daughters say they hate going fishing on the boat just to see my heart break, also sometimes the little ones change their minds...every 30 seconds. Looks like he's back on the wagon!!!
    Micky Duck and MB like this.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmo View Post
    Sometimes my daughters say they hate going fishing on the boat just to see my heart break, also sometimes the little ones change their minds...every 30 seconds. Looks like he's back on the wagon!!!
    There is no doubt that my son finds no greater joy on this earth than to cause me pain and discomfort, either physical or emotional.
    Micky Duck likes this.