Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By Uplandstalker
  • 1 Post By username

Thread: Samoa

Samoa

Just had week at Samoa,
    Had three days fishing on charter boats, were there with fishing group, we caught 11 different species of fish, Wahoo, Mahimahi etc and 2 Blue marlin, the biggest approx 180kg, and a smaliish sailfish. lovely water, but an incredible amount of rubbish floating round---plastic bottles and polystyrene type stuff, a real pissoff!!
    The people are so happy and smiley, and live in extended villages, with masses of kids and mangey dogs, a real eye opener!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    And pigs. Don't forget the pigs. They are running free everywhere in the villages.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

That just made me miss Fiji

photos!

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Gibo likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

If you think that Samoa has lots of rubbish floating in the water then wait till you see Tonga,locals just freely throw rubbish in pristine blue water from the local ferry and the skipper just turns a blind eye! WTF

I was there a month ago and had a great time.
    GREAT fishing and a good place for a holiday.

This thread needs photos! !!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Photos please. Planning to take the cook and kids there next winter. What was a days fishing worth? Im not the sharing type so will want the whole boat.

Lived in American Samoa for two years (2002-2003). Great fishing, but all the pacific islands are fill of rubbish, but if you think Samoa is bad, visit Nauru!

Fiji isn't what you might think either; worked in the port surveying the re-constructing a wharf after the NZ Navy got a little keen blasting the channel in the reef. Lots of rubbish in the water there too.

The western world has caused the issue; "must drink bottle water". Don't get me wrong, the local water supplies aren't that great to drink where there isn't good water treatment and reticulation.
    mikee likes this.

I go to A. Samoa quite often for work. Good game fishing but they are both expensive Islands to do stuff on. Steak dinner at Sadies was over 35 US and beer was US $7 a stubbie How did you cope Upland Stalker if I had to live there I would have been a raving alcoholic and I barely ever drink .
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Correct, drunk a lot! Tried to stay away from the Dark Side (cannery side of the port), didn't go to Sadie's often. Mainly drunk at Jeffery's (near the airport), the country club and the Yacht Club (beer on $2.50). Some Sundays we would go to the Tessa's Bearfoot bar past the canneries(the guy was from Nelson), nude Fridays every full moon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Uplandstalker View Post
    Correct, drunk a lot! Tried to stay away from the Dark Side (cannery side of the port), didn't go to Sadie's often. Mainly drunk at Jeffery's (near the airport), the country club and the Yacht Club (beer on $2.50). Some Sundays we would go to the Tessa's Bearfoot bar past the canneries(the guy was from Nelson), nude Fridays every full moon!

Dark Side is definitely a "dangerous place". We used to go to a place on the coast just down the back of the Airport. What were you doing there. All of my time working is in the port area. My employer does a lot of work on the seiner fleet. Just had a count up. 63 visits sine 2000. Must nearly be a local at that
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Mala Mai, or something like that. We spent plenty of time there too. I was the Surveyor for Fulton Hogan back then. Mainly work at the airport and on Route 4 (coastal road between Tafuna and Pago).

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov View Post
    Just had week at Samoa,
    Had three days fishing on charter boats, were there with fishing group, we caught 11 different species of fish, Wahoo, Mahimahi etc and 2 Blue marlin, the biggest approx 180kg, and a smaliish sailfish. lovely water, but an incredible amount of rubbish floating round---plastic bottles and polystyrene type stuff, a real pissoff!!
    The people are so happy and smiley, and live in extended villages, with masses of kids and mangey dogs, a real eye opener!
    Shame on you for starting this thread and having no photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gibo likes this.