Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Sea sick tabs for kids

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    screen shot locked and loaded ! oh what happens if we get an odd number of crays who get the extra one
    Hahaha the hustle begins

For the record I am a firm believer in telling yourself you dont get sea sick, 9 years deep sea fishing in the southern ocean only spewed once and that was after 48 hours solid drinking then back to sea....I got car sick as hell as a kid so there must be something in it
    JoshC likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    For the record I am a firm believer in telling yourself you dont get sea sick, 9 years deep sea fishing in the southern ocean only spewed once and that was after 48 hours solid drinking then back to sea....I got car sick as hell as a kid so there must be something in it
    I told myself that the last time I went to sea for a job, was still repeating "I don't get seasick " to myself whilst spewing over the back by the trawl doors.

Must have been something I ate you think?? Was fine by the third day tho
    veitnamcam likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I'm with you on that one, plus seeing the horizon, all else fails lie on your back with you eyes closed to get rid of the movement
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    seasickness is a fuk. deal with it, It can be really disability at times, I don't suffer with it but can feel for the poor sods who do. My posts on this subject are from personal experience trying to (successfully) help others. This is serious to one of our forum members so don't fuken hijak the thread.. Lets help those who may be in need.. sorry don't need to offend but have seen to much sorrow due this affliction

yeah Fuk yas
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Looks like that wasn't ginger beer you were sipping on there mate

ebf
    haha, I spew in cars (passenger in the back), small planes, boats of any shape or size...

even on lakes in a light chop - my trout fishing buddy referred to me as "Lord Chumly"

keen to try these Pahia bombs, have heard good things about them - would make the trip over to SI much easier for shooting comps.

Ginger seems to work for mild conditions, especially the crystallized version or the shredded stuff you get with sushi.

Had a love-hate relationship with sailing for a while, the only thing that worked in heavy swell was a anti-epileptic drug called Epinutin, but it is a scheduled medication.

For large airliner trips I find that eating only fruit and staying hydrated helps. Definitely stay away from high carb, high fat meals.
    Munsey likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Crystalised ginger ,the charter boats round here normally have a big bowl of it.Its kid friendly & Ginger nuts ,Ginger ale .Also works great for morning sickness.Get them to keep their eyes on horizon not to look down .
    The Ginger ale is good if they do have a spit you need to keep them hydrated.
    Sea legs the night before then pre- boat ride as directions on pack.

I'm one that isn't good on boats & dead flat I still gonna have a spit (guaranteed)
    Munsey likes this.
    Gun control means using both hands

Iv had both the sicopraderm patches and the paihea bombs
    I think the patches are safe for children as the dose is unbelievably low, both work a treat but need to be taken at least 4 hours before
    the patches last 3 days(I got 5 out of one on the way to fiji)
    Munsey likes this.

My mate gets sea sick lying on the beach looking at the sea -- but he loves fishing. We told my sis in law who's a doctor about it and she told us what to suggest asking for at his GP. He prescribed some anti nausea pills, two different types, not sure what theyre called. Old mate takes them an hour before hitting the sea and normally feels the best out of everyone by the end of the day! So maybe talk to your/her GP?
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.