Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Time to dust off the surfcaster - No where shall I go

the surfcaster has been sitting idle for a couple of years now so I think it is time to blow off the dust, wipe away the cobwebs and get out for a fish. My son is coming up from blenheim for my turn at spending Xmas with him so want to take him to the beach for a bit of a surfcast. Planning on wednesday or thursday (been booked to milk cows on the weekend) now I am tossing up between waihi or going west to kawhia (never been there) or ruapuke, plus it is an excuse to take the bighorn for a run. How well have these areas been fishing lately Chris/anyone? I am dying to have a scrap with a fish or two plus want to get my boy onto a fish with the surfcaster.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

i reckon take him to waihi beach. the east coast is abit more surfcast friendly. the west coast if rough will be enough to put him off for life. be there late arternoon and into the evening, bound to catch a snapp. fishing during the day is ok but u will prob catch kawhai which is bloody great fresh and if bled first. good luck.

Get Chris too send you a pm he set our young ones up at spot X and hes a bloody top fella. My kids had more luck than me.

He probably wont reply till the morning cause he will be out there catching them now
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Actually waihi is bloody tempting only fished there once and that was when my boy was 2 years old he is now 14

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Tried our new Seahorse out yesterday and lost 4 brand new traces to the sea gulls. Man they were hungry or cunning.

Bugger it will head to waihi on wednesday or thursday and propbably go straight for the bowentown end

Fulla
    Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    Tried our new Seahorse out yesterday and lost 4 brand new traces to the sea gulls. Man they were hungry or cunning.
    haha, set it out close to the water, than when its stopped you can back away from the water and park up. a pocket full of rocks help too.

Trip report ...? Waiting .....Waiting ...
    Gun control means using both hands

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Trip report ...? Waiting .....Waiting ...
    Went to Kawhia (the missus wanted to go there I wanted to go to waihi) caught and released an undersized snapper spent the rest of the time watching the missus and my son reeling in the jack mackerels and sprats only thing I caught that I could legally keep was a big yellow eyed mullet there's ya report lol.
    Nah I will write something up just busy at present sorting out a few glitches with the Isuzu that I picked up on while driving it

End of the day you made the right choice. After the rough we just had gonna take a while for the 1.5m of sand to redeposit on the beach.There rocks there I never seen before ,ever & the lettuce is back again.
    Gun control means using both hands