Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By bluebaiter222
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By No good names left

Thread: Westcoast whitebait meeting

Westcoast whitebait meeting

So, I heard a rumor that there is coming up or has just been held a meeting by whitebaiter's to discuss the new 6m screen rule that comes in to force this year.

Just wondered if anybody is going or went too it etc.

Yip I attended the West Coast Whitebaiters Assn AGM held last Sunday @ Hoki.The 2 invited guest speakers were a rep from Doc who's role didn't involve w/bait compliance (fkn waste of time)& a rep from the West Coast Regional council who administer resource consents for coast stand holders.That official was a no show due to health reasons(another fkn waste of time).Both reps were specifically invited to enlighten us on the vague interpretation of the 6m rule to gain some firm clarity re compliance.We are still in the dark leading to speculation, frustration,etc dealing with these buerocrats who have had 3 yrs since inception to get their shit together

Thanks for that. On those big, braided rivers it's going to be a struggle, I think.

Hard out up here getting the stand and hut ready for the season. The job list is slowly getting ticked off.

Just go whitebaiting,let the officials find you if they got the time.

To a point that's what we do up here, but I was always under the impression that things were pretty strictly enforced down there.

Yes theres always somebody trying to score points further up the ranks for head office to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Got-ya View Post
    To a point that's what we do up here, but I was always under the impression that things were pretty strictly enforced down there.
    Yip compliance enforcement of the regs is a big deal on the coast vs everywhere else in NZ.Numerous dedicated DOC staff spread across the length of the Coast with gear and a budget to keep everyone on the straight and narrow.Hence coast baiters concern about being across the amended regs to stay ridgey didge."Educational awareness speil" is not in their brief.Wham infringement slapped if not towing the line.To be honest I,m all for it for the sustainable health of the fishery,but disappointed the compliance attitude around the rest of NZ from DOC is so piss weak.

the term, "low hanging fruit" comes to mind.
    stingray likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    the term, "low hanging fruit" comes to mind.

Maybe try briefs instead of boxers then ?
    HILLBILLYHUNTERS likes this.