Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Anybody into Karting?

Hey mate
    looks like a good kart there . cant go wrong with a arrow and being a ax8 isn't too old either. rotax motors can get on your nerve when your new because of the electronics and complicated motor apposed to a kt100. youll pick it up pretty easy tuning and geering. if your ever heading up through Te Aroha I race on a awesome clay track there . great atmosphere and community spirit. check it out mate coz youll soon be sick of the kartsport ruled regulations and the cost of keeping up. cheers

Banned
    Spud you have opened a can of worms,1995 I raced at whangarei for a club day kt 100's omega karts I raced them for 4 years at mt wellington also Auckland and once or twice at Hamilton one weeknd street racing Tauranga loved the shit out of it but joined the Army and left it all behind.its expensive and expect to be put of the track a few times early on and yep lots of rules and protests but once you get into the swing you will work round them aswell.Tip!!! hold of on the first corner stay wide and wait for the pile up then scoot around and play catch up,tip 2 follow the guy in fronts lines and just wait!!......an inch from his bumper then nudge him of the turns until he gets the shits and lets you go by......tip 3 don't let him catch you once you have done that.Don't be afraid to ask all the racers at your track tones of questions..........................go and race at Auckland Kart track just north of Te atatu do you know were it is? it use to be called Avondale raceway.Good luck mate enjoy it you really will.

jasen

Cheers guys, good advice, had first club day on sunday, had quite a few set up issues and a shit battery which ended in 2 dnfs so big learning curve!

Have spent the last 2 evenings tuning the setup and moving the seat, shifting the weight to the rear to tame the massive oversteer it had and lowering the gearing as i was getting killed out of the tight stuff!

Still heaps to tweak that i haven't even started to understand yet!

The club does a lot of trips around the country so sure i will get down there in the near future.

But...you gotta love that rotax powerband! Not even 450 mx bikes pull like that!
    Heaps of fun but a lot of learning to take in!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Haha neckshot, speaking of your first tip, the last race of the day was an "all in" so rotax, clubsport and its all together, I was mid pack for the start and got onto it a bit early in the first corner and caused the first pile up when my nosecone got taken off by a kart coming on my inside, watched the rest of the race from a flag point
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Banned
    Lol yep.also don't forget your rear wheels are wider than the front its a expensive process getting another rear Axle if you cant straighten the bent one done it clipping a another Kart going around a pile up.....ruins the weekend.

bloody shit phone