Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By joelhenton
  • 1 Post By XR500

Thread: Ruahines Coppermine Loop track- is it open?

Ruahines Coppermine Loop track- is it open?

Hi. As above. The DOC site says the track is closed due to a large slip near the beginning. Has anyone been out there lately who can comment on whether the track is usable?

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.

I was up there about 6 weeks ago. There is a slip that has taken out the track a few hundred metres upstream from the carpark before you enter the public conservation land. I wouldn't recommend trying to jump across it as what's left of the track looked rather undermined. However, it's very easy to drop down to the coppermine stream and walk upstream around it, expect wet feet. There were a few pieces of flagging tape and plenty of boot marks showing where people have been dropping down and walking back up to the track. There's a second sign for a track closure further up but it's a non event and you can walk over that old slip without any worries, it's really nothing. Just depends which tracks you're planning on walking because the junction for the loop track and towards Mangaatua are on the true left and you'll miss those if you continue straight ahead over the second slip if I recall. Regards, Joel
    308 and Eat Meater like this.

Perfect thanks.

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.

You have walked past most of the deer in the Coppermine creek if you hike hours up there. This time of the year they are all hanging around the lower bush edge getting a free feed from the cockies ferted paddocks.
    Eat Meater likes this.