Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ufc 140

Yup

Great fight!

Re: Ufc 140

Condit put up a good fight possibly the best challange to gsp so far....still george showed dominance and composure and was a great win. Never seen him that beat up before though. Big rig landed the nasty hand and is ready forma go at the title and george shouldnt take him lightly hes ripping everyonenapart at the moment

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If that kick landed on the chin I think things could be alot different. Saying that GSP has down to a science. Looking forward to him and the Silva that fight will happen at some stage .

If i were george id avoid that fight like the plague. There no way hes going to ko anderson or hold him down for 3-5 rounds cant/wont happen. If you stand that long with the spider you are going down or if you lay and pray you will get subd. It should be andrson vs bones much more evenly matched

I don't think Anderdon would submit GSP, his bottom game isn't that great, and aside from the Matt Hughes armbar in like 2005 or whatever GSP has never been in danger of being submitted. Anderson is big and strong though and has great takedown defence so I doubt whether GSP could get him down in the first place. Silva would finish it fast on the feet. I don't want to see that fight, prefer to see them fight in their respective weight classes

Yes and no. Who has gsp faught thats a legit bjj black belt ? No one except matt cera. Andersons ground game isnt well noted because of his brutal stand up. He still subd chael ,and hendo who has beaten big nog and palhares arguably two of the best. He is a real deal bjj black belt.

The days bjj dominating mma are gone. Silva's ground work isnt the flashest but ok. GSP has one of the best guys Jits guys in his corner and Kiwi . I was lucky enough to roll with him when he was blue belt back in the day. The guys a freak. Everyone trains for this now and you have to adapt etc. I think the fight will happen at some stage. GSP is a legit martial artist and will always look to test himself. Alot of guys dont do this and look for the fights to pick. I think he will take the fight to test himself and he will prepare for silva hard. Silva isnt great on the ground and was lucky to get a tied chael. Saying that Silva is prob the best fighter I have ever seen he is unreal, on a totally different level than most. Bones and Silva will be a good fight but reakon silva will take the win. Good theres some hunters out there into the UFC.

Steve oliver? Hes the man. Anderson is better than you know. Anyone who rolls regularly with the nogs is elite. Cigano has a very underated ground game also

Chael gets submitted by everyone, Hendo was gassed as fuck and got rocked on the feet and ate a heap of hard shots on the ground before he got submitted.. Silva dropped him and got his back which isn't what we're talking about (bottom game). Also, as much as I love Hendo, he has lost to more Nogs than he has beaten. Admittedly we don't get to see Anderson's bottom game much because his wrestling/standup is so good but from what I remember of fights when someone has actually managed to get him down it's pretty static and he more controls their posture and looks for sweeps/scrambles to stand up, rather than actively attacking with submissions

GSP has fought heaps of excellent grapplers/BJJ black belts: Jake Shields, John Fitch, Mayhem Miller (he's dumb as fuck and it was in like 2005 but the point holds), BJ Penn (notably, dude is an amazing grappler and not known as "the Prodigy" for nothing), Matt Hughes, and the only time he's been in trouble on the ground ever was when Hughes armbarred him like 8 years ago. Arguably the level of competition he's faced has been much deeper than what Silva has, just because of the wealth of talent at 170. I'm not saying Silva isn't good, he's clearly amazingly good, but I don't see GSP getting subbed from underneath, unless Silva rocks him on the feet and GSP takes him down. I'm not even sure if GSP would be able to get in a position where Silva is underneath.

Excellent points. Except fkr jon fitch being good at anything. An for as for hendo he has faught bug nog three time won once and little nog knce and beaten him iirc. But to be fair he was a natural middleweight usually fighting at welterweight. Stepping up to heavies and l/heavies. Hendo anyone anywhere anyweight

Hendo fights at Moneyweight. He's awesome. It was funny as fuck watching all the retarded Fedor fanboys have a fat cry when their "undeafeted" "greatest fighter of all time" got KO'd by a 40 year old middleweight. Almost as funny as when Fedor jumped headfirst into a triangle in the first relevant fight he'd had for like 4 years.

and Jon Fitch is the second best Welterweight in the world. It's best just to accept it so that you're not upset when your chosen hot prospect gets a solid Fitching. See Erick Silva for reference.

It shows how incredible GSP is that he completely outclassed Fitch, when no-one else in the division (except Penn hahaha a fat featherweight, dude is mad talented and Hendricks' ridiculous power) could do anything

Hendo lost to little Nog by submission I'm pretty sure but it was fucken ages ago

Yeah he was owner of man cuddles. The only thing he was good for was taking the heat off george for king of lay n pray. For all the people hes beaten check his hightlight reel oh wait there isnt one. Winner of the most boring dry hump fighter borm

I guess you missed the Erick Silva fight

I laughed for 3 rounds straight

He's an awesome wrestler and just stifles people, it's hilarious and awesome.

(his fridge is full of leftovers, 'cos he can't even finish a sandwich)
    CreepingDeath likes this.

Gsp bjj coach is a kiwi guy named John Danaher. He's a renzo gracie black belt. He came to back to nz and attended a seminar I was at . He was a blue belt at the time and smoked everyone he was amazing. Steve Oliver.... He is the man all right . I started Bjj around the same time as steve and know him well he is a black belt these days and has a verystrong mma/bjj team. His fighter Brandon Ropati fought and beat the ginger guy on the ulitmate fighter series on at the moment. Brandon signed a big deal over seas too but not with the ufc yet.