Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Wild animal attack NZ!

Quote Originally Posted by uk_exile View Post
    I hope he's ok about it long term. It's illogical I know but I'm still wary all birds due to turkey attack at similar age. Can feed ducks at park but bugger going near swans, geese, turkeys etc.
    Yep had a mate that told me he was afraid of birds. Im like sure But anyway he told this funny ass story about nearly getting run over by a double decker buses the first day in London when he visited Trafalgar Square and the pigeons flew up in mass....he tried to get away and ran full tilt out into the road. Dame meeting your maker by way of a Route master.

When he told this tail of woe I did not believe him for one second. We were in Egypt at the time travelling down to Luxor we arrived and were staying in this backpackers in this one way street. It was Ramadan and so all the stores were closed during the day. I had seen this rotisserie chicken joint. Now they need to do there chickens fresh as they have no freezers and who would want to trust a frozen Egyptian chicken? We did our visits to the valley of the kings and other temples and were going to catch the train back down to Cairo that night. We got ready to leave and as we walked past this chicken shop I grabbed my mate by the arm and turned him sideways so he got a full face view of old mate chopping the head of this bird and throwing it into the 44 gallon drum, where it proceeded to jump and flap around spraying blood in all directions.

He was a biggish chap and took out a few of the scrawny curio sellers in his head long rush, backpack flailing as Egyptians were bowled over with there dishdas billowing into the wind. Looking like some Matrix movie gone bad.

Once we caught up with him I had to get him a few black market beers to still his shacking nerves. He saw the funny side of it. Lucky for me.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

It could be the Colors and the height. You son being seen by that turkey as competing for his damsels.
    tetawa, Gibo, Micky Duck and 3 others like this.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    It could be the Colors and the height. You son being seen by that turkey as competing for his damsels.
    I think you're right. Hen in tow and that t-shirt seemed to press his buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by uk_exile View Post
    I hope he's ok about it long term. It's illogical I know but I'm still wary all birds due to turkey attack at similar age. Can feed ducks at park but bugger going near swans, geese, turkeys etc.
    Monkeys too, had one cling to my arm as a kid. Took a decent bite of my thumb, the bugger. It still hurts when I look at the scar 55 years later.
    uk_exile likes this.

Did someone say GREEN MONKEY
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

MB
    My boy doesn't seem to have much luck with animals. We passed through a field of cows on the way to the beach this morning. He was carrying an orange football. The normally passive cows went mental. He got properly charged. Luckily, he dropped the ball. They were stomping and chewing on it as we made our retreat, never seen anything like it!

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    My boy doesn't seem to have much luck with animals. We passed through a field of cows on the way to the beach this morning. He was carrying an orange football. The normally passive cows went mental. He got properly charged. Luckily, he dropped the ball. They were stomping and chewing on it as we made our retreat, never seen anything like it!
    the rate yah boy is going I really hope you don't take him to the zoo! I swear the 21st century timeline got messed up when Harambe got shot back in 2012. ha
    MB likes this.

The are posturing at the moment round here too i hear my old spaniel giving them a rev up when the hang out too long around the house

The red on the males neck is really intense and they are doing a stupid little wings down tail forward strut around the girls until I try get close

I also have a friend absolutely terrified of chickens, roosters especially
    Made me cry laugh watching this full grown man screaming and running for the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dynastar27 and Micky Duck like this.

lol don't know how I missed this gem

Ned
    Probably best if you steer him away from any career related to wildlife documentaries.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Probably best if you steer him away from any career related to wildlife documentaries.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    oh come on...where is the fun in that,the lad could make a fortune with multiple utube sensations going viral.... he might even be the ultimate waterfowler decoy.....couple of water wings and into the pond he goes......might need a full wetsuit to combat the cold,but if it brings in the ducks....
    Woody and 7mm Rem Mag like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Stealing ducks and ducklings as a kid saw a full on attack from mum. We’d run, with the spoils, as fast as our little legs would go. Use to have pet ducks, they’d sleep in a mail box in our bedroom.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I think it's quite entertaining how birds can be so aggressive relative to their size vs whatever it is they are being aggressive towards. Hard case seeing a spur wing plover holding off a whole herd of 500 nosey dairy cows .
    Sri Lankan fella that works for us developed a fear of going to a certain paddock because of "the eagle"
    I was sure we had something lost in translation when he told me about the eagle that kept attacking him whenever he went into that paddock and then I met "the eagle" myself one day, granted it was very aggressive and could be seen as quite intimidating but it was also just a bloody magpie lol
    Micky Duck and dannyb like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

MB
    Birds are modern day dinosaurs. I have no problems shooting them. In contrast, I have some empathy for the mammals I hunt.

as a young fella I worked holidays on a sheep station -my boss bought a huge american bronze turkey gobbler to improve his local turkeys - several days later screaming from out by clothes line -wifey being attacked by the new gobbler - he grabbed first thing at hand a shovel - wack - and dead end to turkey breeding program
    jakewire, Gibo, MB and 3 others like this.