Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Buy and Sell section

I've a bit of a different way of thinking on this subject. The way I see it, is if someone joins up just to try and sell something, then that's possibly a member on here getting what they have been after, or maybe even a bargain. So what's the problem?

I'm betting if a cocky joined up and posted their first post along the lines of "Hi guys, I've a big deer problem on my station, anyone able to help out?", then they wouldn't be told to bugger off.

I just don't see what the issue is.
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    I've a bit of a different way of thinking on this subject. The way I see it, is if someone joins up just to try and sell something, then that's possibly a member on here getting what they have been after, or maybe even a bargain. So what's the problem?

I'm betting if a cocky joined up and posted their first post along the lines of "Hi guys, I've a big deer problem on my station, anyone able to help out?", then they wouldn't be told to bugger off.

I just don't see what the issue is.
    I issue is more often than not they don't sell for a bargain and tale bargains before more contributing members have. Most members won't say they should get it over the newbie as they are good sorts but I have sold gear to the long term member before that missed out by half an hour to a guy with 10 posts.

You can't compare selling items to being a good sort either if someone has 10 posts but one of them is inviting people to hunt private land for free. They are as far as I'm concerned a contributing member and I have no issue with them going to the buy sell section. But nobody just getting involved in the other threads is getting to bugger off just those that skip straight to buying and selling things.
    There's a few guys that have 50 posts and 30 are in the pay it forward thread getting free stuff that's not the point of that thread or the point of guys selling stuff cheap on the for sale section.
    I have less issues with new members selling than buying though to be fair.
    Trig likes this.