Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Forum rules

i have posted the same picture over there and they can see the play on words, unlike a few here. anyway enuff from me

I made a mistake. I read it wrong, assuming you were only talking explicitly about weed. Clearly actual grass is something that is used by goose hunters. I don't shoot geese, I don't know.
    Kiwi Greg likes this.

gimp pm sent

I believe the idea of this forum was to be all that the other was not. I don't think that being a bit rougher than the other is a bad thing. I also don't think that we are trying to compete with member numbers either, so a bit rougher hunting camp where we can all share a barbie, well, to be honest, when I saw that I thought "Yeap this is the forum for me".
    I hope we do stay on the edge of "good taste", otherwise I beleiev that eventually we will end up like the "dark side" , a victim of it's own sucess.........
    My 2c FWIW......
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Quote Originally Posted by Bulltahr View Post
    I believe the idea of this forum was to be all that the other was not. I don't think that being a bit rougher than the other is a bad thing. I also don't think that we are trying to compete with member numbers either, so a bit rougher hunting camp where we can all share a barbie, well, to be honest, when I saw that I thought "Yeap this is the forum for me".
    I hope we do stay on the edge of "good taste", otherwise I beleiev that eventually we will end up like the "dark side" , a victim of it's own sucess.........
    My 2c FWIW......
    Fully agree with every word you have said

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    hope your not talking about a fat joint mate, you might get the mods shitty as some important people might see your post
    Like I give a flying bro

As long as the middle is wet and juicy

Sounds moist.

Lots of wet and juicys here in Twizel this week
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

Quote Originally Posted by crzyman View Post
    Lots of wet and juicys here in Twizel this week
    We expect a full report with lots of pics

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    We expect a full report with lots of pics
    now that would disapear
    Pointer likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    now that would disapear
    I meant respectable pics lol

I agree with your attitude and position Tussock - consideration with regard to language/content is certainly desireable.

If I may add some old-schooler's thoughts - it is important to differentiate between what's ok in a public bar, and what's acceptable in a public domain such as this national and international website.

I link with this site because it is a New Zealand Hunting and Shooting Forum. Important to note 'New Zealand' because it will attract not only kiwis throughout the country, but international viewers also. It is good to present with care as do other nations' sites eg rimfirecentral, marlinowners, leverguns etc. If people wish to vent language/dope detail etc, private blogs are appropriate for that, or perhaps the NORML site.

Further, its important to realise this is specifically a Hunting and Shooting site, that it carries no necessary freedom of swearing and dope discussion etc purpose - and it shouldn't. And here I'd make a point - after 50 years hunting, competing etc I am happy to confirm that lots of swearing, dope talk, pushing social boundaries etc adds precisely zero to your shooting skills, hunting skills, or ability to learn. Zero. It is not required to be a competent kiwi hunter. One shooting team I currently belong to has past club/provincial/NZ champions in it - men very capable on range and in field - but you actually don't hear much swearing. It is simply not necessary to be a good hunter/shooter, and its not appropriate in a public forum attracting women viewers, kids, overseas guests etc.

I agree with the call for reasonable self-restraint in speech and content on this public site - setting a reasonably positive and acceptable culture. Its what we do in clubs etc., and as a matter of common sense it's generally self-moderated. I can swear with the best of them esp if I drop and ding a new rifle as I did recently - could have been heard in Rarotonga - but public domain is different. Remember - the core business for this site is hunting and shooting discussion, and excessive bad language/content is neither necessary nor desireable for that. It adds nothing of value at all, and as such isn't a right worth supporting.
    Last edited by mudgripz; 28-03-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Grim, gimp, DAF and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post

Having said that, another plan is in the works, which should see everyone happy. As you said Mudgripz there is a difference between and pub and the public, but no reason we cant have both We will see what we can come up with.
    Me likey mucho!!!!!!!!!
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    I agree with your attitude and position Tussock - consideration with regard to language/content is certainly desireable.

If I may add some old-schooler's thoughts - it is important to differentiate between what's ok in a public bar, and what's acceptable in a public domain such as this national and international website.

I link with this site because it is a New Zealand Hunting and Shooting Forum. Important to note 'New Zealand' because it will attract not only kiwis throughout the country, but international viewers also. It is good to present with care as do other nations' sites eg rimfirecentral, marlinowners, leverguns etc. If people wish to vent language/dope detail etc, private blogs are appropriate for that, or perhaps the NORML site.

Further, its important to realise this is specifically a Hunting and Shooting site, that it carries no necessary freedom of swearing and dope discussion etc purpose - and it shouldn't. And here I'd make a point - after 50 years hunting, competing etc I am happy to confirm that lots of swearing, dope talk, pushing social boundaries etc adds precisely zero to your shooting skills, hunting skills, or ability to learn. Zero. It is not required to be a competent kiwi hunter. One shooting team I currently belong to has past club/provincial/NZ champions in it - men very capable on range and in field - but you actually don't hear much swearing. It is simply not necessary to be a good hunter/shooter, and its not appropriate in a public forum attracting women viewers, kids, overseas guests etc.

I agree with the call for reasonable self-restraint in speech and content on this public site - setting a reasonably positive and acceptable culture. Its what we do in clubs etc., and as a matter of common sense it's generally self-moderated. I can swear with the best of them esp if I drop and ding a new rifle as I did recently - could have been heard in Rarotonga - but public domain is different. Remember - the core business for this site is hunting and shooting discussion, and excessive bad language/content is neither necessary nor desireable for that. It adds nothing of value at all, and as such isn't a right worth supporting.
    I agree with every word here.
    I joined up fairly early, posted a few times but got sick of the childish "Look at me, I'm a hunter, I can fart and swear and nobody can stop me. Nana, nana, nah, nah!." attitude.
    Now I just come in and look to see if things have changed but they haven't so I don't bother logging in.