Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Danny even though i ve been on the receiving end a couple of times,Im not overly worried .in reality its generally a thankless task ,not helped by boundary pushers . keep trundling!

PS-the ignore list is great if you feel so inclined!!

It appears I have overstepped my station again so to those who find my approach a little "direct" or "pointed" once again I unreservedly apologise....once again I shall try modifying my approach. I truly want nothing but the best for this place and want to help make it better, not worse.
    I'm trying to do a good job so please, if you feel I have over reacted, prematurely reacted or dealt with something inappropriately I ask that you contact me.
    This modding stuff is not easy it's kinda like juggling cats.
    #DANNYCENT

I tried that...and got told you didnt like my tone........I suggested a way you could stop the rot and not throw out baby with bath water...and got told its not up for discussion
    so I for one dont believe for one second you are interested in what other people think.I WONT BOTHER IN FUTURE.
    csmiffy likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    It appears I have overstepped my station again so to those who find my approach a little "direct" or "pointed" once again I unreservedly apologise....once again I shall try modifying my approach. I truly want nothing but the best for this place and want to help make it better, not worse.
    I'm trying to do a good job so please, if you feel I have over reacted, prematurely reacted or dealt with something inappropriately I ask that you contact me.
    This modding stuff is not easy it's kinda like juggling cats.
    Don't stop being yourself mate and FFS don't apologise for it. It would appear this forum is also a revenue gathering machine and you're pissing someone off, just a guess.

Micky you have no idea honestly(no disrespect intended), I told you I didn't like your tone as you were trying to tell me how to undo something I had nothing to do with and physically had no control over(and without a working knowledge of how things work with the forum software). I physically could not do what you were suggesting and you were getting frustrated at me like I was refusing to do it and that was not the case. I told you that but you persisted.
    I guess that's your call and I'm sorry you feel that way.
    #DANNYCENT

NOT CORRECT.... i was not trying to tell you how to UNDO something....but trying to suggest a way to prevent you, or any other moderator,doing the same thing next time... go back and re read it.....
    gist of it....put transgressor on hold for a week....think about it,discuss it.. then if want to ban them.... hack account ,change password and log them off ..that way the account and all the posts,good bad n ugly stay there..you can zap the bad or ugly..same as anyone else.
    this so called "glitch in system" that is happening at moment sees every post they made (unless quoted) dissapear and any thread they started also dissapear....and it cant be got back again....as you are pertaining to.
    to say I have no idea honestly....... yip right ho
    and how exactly is a fella supposed to take that if not with disrespect...... you could say just piss off or your a dick head or you are dumb but have no idea...... yes I DO HAVE SOME IDEA... but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    NOT CORRECT.... i was not trying to tell you how to UNDO something....but trying to suggest a way to prevent you, or any other moderator,doing the same thing next time... go back and re read it.....
    gist of it....put transgressor on hold for a week....think about it,discuss it.. then if want to ban them.... hack account ,change password and log them off ..that way the account and all the posts,good bad n ugly stay there..you can zap the bad or ugly..same as anyone else.
    this so called "glitch in system" that is happening at moment sees every post they made (unless quoted) dissapear and any thread they started also dissapear....and it cant be got back again....as you are pertaining to.
    to say I have no idea honestly....... yip right ho
    and how exactly is a fella supposed to take that if not with disrespect...... you could say just piss off or your a dick head or you are dumb but have no idea...... yes I DO HAVE SOME IDEA... but whatever.
    This glitch was a once off problem, It was unfortunate but also sadly unfix-able.
    As for the how to avoid in the future there are already things in place that normally do that, it just didn't work this particular time.
    This particular event had no input from me, so you can you possibly imagine that getting told how to fix it or how to do things in the future (when there are already things in place that mitigate this) might possibly come across as being in poor tone especially given the emotive subject behind all of this ( the loss of a valued members RIP thread).
    I'm out for a bit......this is getting out of hand.
    #DANNYCENT

Hey danny your doing a good job. Im sure sometimes theres better things youd rather be doing. Your good work doesnt go unnoticed. Thanks for all you do

that one off glitch...where are the threads started by Phil H ???? about lights and thermals??? they dissapeared when he did.and there are others the same.
    and agian..suggested..not told.

Dusty fogs imputs all dissapeared at same time as he was banned...spotted him being qouted in thread yesterday but origonal post is gone so its NOT a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    that one off glitch...where are the threads started by Phil H ???? about lights and thermals??? they dissapeared when he did.and there are others the same.
    and agian..suggested..not told.
    I cannot answer to those I was not a mod at the time, Currently the practice that happens allows for a member to be removed without deleting all their posts. Micky if you want to talk about this stuff you know how to get hold of me.
    XR500 likes this.
    #DANNYCENT