Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Posting Photographs

Posting Photographs

Can anyone help a "mature" technologically challenged shooter with instructions as to how to post pictures to the forum.

And do it in "old" speak please

Click "Insert Image" symbol in the reply/message formatting bar. A small window will open. Choose the file (photo) from your computer. Click upload. File then gets uploaded to forum and a small chunk of text is inserted into your message inside square brackets. You can do this multiple times to upload multiple pics in one post.

When you submit the message, the pic will appear in place of the text. You can type outside of the brackets as normal, before, after, use line breaks, etc... Just don't type anything between the brackets.
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.

As above (the insert image button is the one that looks like a framed picture of a tree 3rd from the left just above where you type the words in)
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Thanks very much for that most appreciated. Have a happy Christmas

and make sure files not too large. jpg format usually works, things like .png are usually too big

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    How do you get multiple pictures to load?
    Click the tree button again and select another to upload.
    I find it easyer to read and see if you hit the enter button a couple of times between pictures and text.
    If like me you take too long to type out a story with pictures in it it times out or something and the pictures wont show in final post.

You're right it is too easy ... not! When pushing the insert image I just get a window saying insert URL. No options or choices so can proceed no further. It did work in then past but not no more.

Quote Originally Posted by r87mm View Post
    You're right it is too easy ... not! When pushing the insert image I just get a window saying insert URL. No options or choices so can proceed no further. It did work in then past but not no more.
    Mine gives me that but with "from computer" alongside it, which I click on and all is good

Yeah that would be handy but it doesn't do that anymore. I could show you but of course I can't upload images. Just see on the Seven Sharp talking about super computers and 5G. Be better if they could get what they've got now working properly before introducing more half working things. For instance making it easy to upload images! Get rid of 4G back to 3G least we had good coverage then.

The first screen gives options of from url or from computer, if it is on the wrong one click at the top where it says from computer.

Failing that it requires someone clever like @gadgetman who can screen shot and draw scribbles on it and post what to do.

Ah yeah that's just the problem the computer option isn't there like it used to be. Only file types and cancel are there

Click on the picture icon.

Name:  Annotation 2019-12-17 205852B.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  16.9 KB

Click on Select Files. If it is blank click on it anyway and say allow to a message to allow flash. Make sure to select the From Computer tab.

Name:  Annotation 2019-12-17 205852C.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  24.6 KB

Browse to your files and click OK once selected. Then press Upload Files.

Name:  Annotation 2019-12-17 205852D.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  28.3 KB

In your windows programs menu go down to the Windows Accessories folder and ope the Snipping Tool to take screenshots.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

As above, + you have already posted on the topic that had the answer as a sticky...

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....tos-nzhs-2887/
    veitnamcam likes this.

Thanks Gadgetman. That's is my problem though. It doesn't have the computer option. It looks the same as your picture except no "From computer"or "Add an image from your computer".
    I have uploaded photos in the past. But without the "From the computer" option I can progress no further.

Yes have posted about this before but gave up since I hate computers for obvious reasons and couldn't find away around getting past not having the computer option. Looked in Manage Attachments but nothing obvious sticks out to me?