Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Thanks for not nuking whole threads

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Thankyou once again for reinforcing my point, with a clear example of a personal comment that has no place here
    So, rather than take my original post for what it was, an opposite opinion. You’d rather focus on a perceived slight against you.
    You often challenge the forum rules and the forum tone, what I get from that is you would prefer open discussion and debate but only on your terms.
    I happen to have a preference for the basic principles the forum was founded on.
    outlander, dannyb and Shamus_ like this.

My personal view, and I am not challenging forum rules, is that if a person is sufficiently mature and balanced to be legally entrusted with the safe responsible ownership of firearms, that person should also be sufficiently mature and balanced, even restrained, to engage in debate of any legal subject without loosing their temper etc
    You would think so. But going by the forum at times plenty of people slip through the vetting net.

Politics and religion ruined the old forum. There are good reasons for it to be excluded. Values based threads almost always end up in tears.
    7mmsaum, rugerman, BRADS and 4 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

If "Derogatory and personal attacks are already not tolerated" could we simply have this included in the rules please.
    This is a good idea as 'derogatory and personal attacks' have been tolerated by moderators of this forum in the past.
    To me, the word "troll" is the most overused word on this forum. I have been called a 'troll' on this forum by certain members (MD) a large number of times.
    The term 'troll' can mean someone baiting other members, or someone that you do not like, or an opinion that you do not agree with.
    It is used as a quick catch-all word to save writing your exact thoughts.
    It is open to so many interpretations.
    I hope that this forum will be a much more dignified and calm place without the personal attack word 'troll' coming up in every fifth thread.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    This is a good idea as 'derogatory and personal attacks' have been tolerated by moderators of this forum in the past.
    To me, the word "troll" is the most overused word on this forum. I have been called a 'troll' on this forum by certain members (MD) a large number of times.
    prove it....I will accept 6 as a sufficently large number to happily endure a 2 month time out....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

or dont prove it and piss off /take same 2 month holiday......ball is in your court.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    or dont prove it and piss off /take same 2 month holiday......ball is in your court.
    MD I’m not insulting you, I’m just describing you.

either put up or shut up......

either put up or shut up......
    Ah yes, the H&F forum has always been known for it's robust discussion (aka 'derogatory childish name calling').

you have said I have called you a troll.....so Im calling you out on that...either I have ,so Im a bully and need a time out,or I havent which means your talking shit .
    so go on prove it.
    Ive given moderators permission to give me time out if you are able to show 6 times Ive called you a troll......
    either I have or I havent.....
    you are gaslighting right now....... thats behaviour well known to "animal that lives under a bridge threatening poor little billy goats gruff"

you have said I have called you a troll.....so Im calling you out on that...either I have ,so Im a bully and need a time out,or I havent which means your talking shit .
    so go on prove it.
    Ive given moderators permission to give me time out if you are able to show 6 times Ive called you a troll......
    either I have or I havent.....
    you are gaslighting right now....... thats behaviour well known to "animal that lives under a bridge threatening poor little billy goats gruff"
    Oh how sweet, it's the folksy ramblings of a doddering old man...one who likes to use the word 'troll'.
    Look I'm not going through 6 pages of my threads to find out the exact number of times you called me a troll.
    And please don't misunderstand me MD as I don't hate you....but let's just say that if you were on fire and I had a glass of water
    .....I'd drink it.

gaslighting....AGAIN....TRIT TROT TRIT TROT TRIT TROT
    you do remember what happened when third billy goat arrives????

gaslighting....AGAIN....TRIT TROT TRIT TROT TRIT TROT
    you do remember what happened when third billy goat arrives????
    Oh jeez...all I can say MD is that the people who tolerate you on a daily basis are the real heroes.

Take a break guys.
    rugerman, stingray, Happy and 4 others like this.

Totally agree with @stug grow the fuck up. The rules we have are sufficient and as mods we shouldn't have to be constantly sorting petty squabbles.
    The sort of shit we are having to tidy up time and time again is on the guys who post it and no amount of rules will stop it.
    Try acting like half reasonable human beings instead of picking holes in each other. If you see a post that is offensive REPORT IT !!!!! we will deal with it.

If you can't help yourself from being petty and immature then I hear facebook has plenty of stuff you can be offended by there.
    #DANNYCENT