Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 100 days after paying

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    943
    Perhaps it would be wise to advise the police by email of the details when a firearm is sent to a Gunsmith as a extra proof to a receipt / delivery docket.
    I dont think voluntarily giving firearms details to the Police is a wise move , personally. Allowing them to begin building a serial number data base by default wont do any of us any good in the future.

    The problem in this situation lies entirely with the gunsmith and his lack of communication skills. Try and use a local gunsmith if you can , then you can visit and make sure the job is being done , and can talk in person.
    Micky Duck and csmiffy like this.
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

  2. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    spreydon christcurch.
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    @kotuku This made me smile. It's the first time I've ever seen you make an under statement.
    understatement overstatement -means bugger all to me -just that myself if im dealing with anyone even in TM deals ,i make bloody sure comms are established immediately and kept open till deal is done and dusted. moe to point if anything does go wrongat my end ,notify and explain intended remdy !.only ever had one TM failure a knob of goatcheese from ashvegas who got highly personal with his threats -one glance at feedback =He was a shyster Mk1 so blacklist.

  3. #48
    Member Carlsen Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Chalmers
    Posts
    519
    Send him your own invoice for the cost of the rifle, including the work you payed him for, along with a letter saying your happy to have a judgement made in court if he doesn't pay it.
    veitnamcam, Tommy and stevodog like this.
    Put the keyboard down. Now kick it over here.

  4. #49
    Member Max Headroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    276
    How's things going Rod?

  5. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    North Canterbury
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    I dont think voluntarily giving firearms details to the Police is a wise move , personally. Allowing them to begin building a serial number data base by default wont do any of us any good in the future.

    The problem in this situation lies entirely with the gunsmith and his lack of communication skills. Try and use a local gunsmith if you can , then you can visit and make sure the job is being done , and can talk in person.
    I am not 100% on this but it is my understanding that a Gunsmith has to keep a register of the firearms they have in their possession and make that available to the Police anyway so advising the Police of the movement of a firearm is probably not telling them anything that that they won't know soon enough. The point I was making is that having advised the Police acts as another proof of the movement of the firearm and it's ownership should a dispute arise in the future. I am not suggesting that this step needs be taken when dealing with the better known and reliable Gunsmiths. In this present case we have not been shown if the firearm owner has a receipt from the Gunsmith or any other legal proof that the firearm exists.

  6. #51
    Member stug's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oxford, Canterbury
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    I am not 100% on this but it is my understanding that a Gunsmith has to keep a register of the firearms they have in their possession and make that available to the Police anyway so advising the Police of the movement of a firearm is probably not telling them anything that that they won't know soon enough. The point I was making is that having advised the Police acts as another proof of the movement of the firearm and it's ownership should a dispute arise in the future. I am not suggesting that this step needs be taken when dealing with the better known and reliable Gunsmiths. In this present case we have not been shown if the firearm owner has a receipt from the Gunsmith or any other legal proof that the firearm exists.
    I think it is only dealers that have to record firearms. You do not need a dealers license to be a gunsmith, unless you are making or selling firearms.
    tetawa likes this.

  7. #52
    Member chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    Today's tracking number is active so looking good hopfully .
    Did you get the rifle ok in the end ?

  8. #53
    Member Maca49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    15,100
    Owning a service business, as I do, the amount of shit I am left with from people just not collecting their stuff is unbelievable. And of course the ones that are told their shit is not worth repair and then its "well don't throw it out, Ill pick it up" bullshit its still here 6 months later. They day I chuck it is the day they come back! I have a 3 month sign in the shop, saying after 3 months it gone! Nice to show them.
    mikee and Tommy like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  9. #54
    rod
    rod is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    13
    There's a active tracking number on pbt should be here tomorrow , so looking good at the moment.
    Gibo and Mathias like this.

  10. #55
    Member Carlsen Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Chalmers
    Posts
    519
    Interesting to see if he has actually done the work on it.
    outdoorlad and dannyb like this.
    Put the keyboard down. Now kick it over here.

  11. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    3,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Owning a service business, as I do, the amount of shit I am left with from people just not collecting their stuff is unbelievable. And of course the ones that are told their shit is not worth repair and then its "well don't throw it out, Ill pick it up" bullshit its still here 6 months later. They day I chuck it is the day they come back! I have a 3 month sign in the shop, saying after 3 months it gone! Nice to show them.
    hell i fully agree!
    in my workshop: an electric skateboard, guy contacted no reply received. (worth 600 plus and my bill is $120)
    home theater amp. has been wet and considered unrepairable, wont even acknowledge messages so i have to clutter up the place with it
    dashboard from a boat, wont answer messages
    it cost me time ($) to keep contacting these people. today i repaired an amplifier that was a "rush job" end result " i will pick it up when i go passed next, dont know when"

    time to go work for someone else again i think cos frankly the admin is bullshit.
    199p, mikee and Maca49 like this.

  12. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    canterbury
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    There's a active tracking number on pbt should be here tomorrow , so looking good at the moment.
    I just hope you get what you are expecting and you can put the recent drama behind you.

    Personally I pretty interested to know who was working on it.
    It's a small pond we live in here and that sort of service should be exposed so that others who spend hard cash don't get burned.
    Especially when it sounds like you were very prompt in paying them.

    Best luck when it does arrive.
    rusl and dannyb like this.

  13. #58
    SiB
    SiB is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Invercargill
    Posts
    1,371
    @rod

    Come on mate donít keep us all in suspense!!

  14. #59
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,240
    Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    Personally I pretty interested to know who was working on it.
    It's a small pond we live in here and that sort of service should be exposed so that others who spend hard cash don't get burned.
    Too right. Clowns in various industries pull this shit day in day out, and no-ones the wiser until it happens to them.
    dannyb likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  15. #60
    Member Max Headroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    I just hope you get what you are expecting and you can put the recent drama behind you.

    Personally I pretty interested to know who was working on it.
    It's a small pond we live in here and that sort of service should be exposed so that others who spend hard cash don't get burned.
    Especially when it sounds like you were very prompt in paying them.

    Best luck when it does arrive.
    I realise you may not want the drama of naming the guy. Fair enough. The other side of the coin is that if you do, it puts the other gunsmiths in the area in the clear.
    Mintie and dannyb like this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Who is paying?
    By JWB in forum Off topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-03-2018, 10:33 PM
  2. Humpback whales paying northland a visit
    By Bill999 in forum Fishing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17-11-2015, 12:29 PM
  3. Thanks CZ , 4 out of 4 days
    By ChrisF in forum Shooting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 13-04-2015, 07:33 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 09:05 AM
  5. Some days you just can't win
    By hunter308 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 09:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!