Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: .375 CEB 350 & GSC 414 at 2050 yards

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    It was fun I said around 70moa I just ran it through shooter and came up a bit short.
    It was the first lightweight 50 Scott made, it had a 16 inch barrel and was launching the 650fmj at 2300 so the ballistics weren't exactly amazing
    Think he still has a pic on the website of a deer we knocked at around 730 with it
    It was not known for amazing accuracy I think the short tube held it back at range.
    Here it is again
    Attachment 13281
    One of our club members has just brought a 24 inch barreled one of these in .50 as well. Identical to you pic.

I got to have try with it last weekend, well more than several tries. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you could not have chiseled the smile offa my face.
    Kiwi Greg and BRADS like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    One of our club members has just brought a 24 inch barreled one of these in .50 as well. Identical to you pic.

I got to have try with it last weekend, well more than several tries. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you could not have chiseled the smile offa my face.
    When are you getting one
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    When are you getting one
    Well if I sell all my Ar's and my flash harry shottie and my 45 I might be able to buy 1/2 a one with open sights.

How ever if I were to win lotto i would buy one in every colour
    Toby likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Nice to see Greg.
    Please edit more, difficult to find time watching with two maniac toddlers in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    Nice to see Greg.
    Please edit more, difficult to find time watching with two maniac toddlers in the house.
    I would love to make them shorter Norway 15 hours to upload is getting a bit silly

I could do the good old editing everything except a few "money" shots etc, then it just turns into an advertisement or worse.

I try to put in everything that happened, all the shots good bad or indiffferent with out making it to boring.

We have all seen the videos of "first round shots" taken, then the camera pans back, to reveal a dozen or more spent shells etc, credibility starts to suffer.

I drive about 300 kms to make the videos so try to get as much in as possible.

I did attempt 3000+ as well but had no visible strikes, I hadn't intended to try that on the day & would have taken some 425CEs to do it because I have had strikes in the past with them.

The trouble with that distance & backdrop is it is very hard to discern a strike on the video or in the scope, they are visible when you put the SD card into a big TV.

Cutting Edge Bullets Terminator's Avatar
    I have to agree to much editing doesn't show the whole picture.
    At this point in time I wont be running out and buying any GS 414gr the smaller CE 350s out perform them at ELR not a good look for GSs 414gr flag ship bullet Ps: under 1500yds this may be different?
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I would love to make them shorter Norway 15 hours to upload is getting a bit silly

I could do the good old editing everything except a few "money" shots etc, then it just turns into an advertisement or worse.

I try to put in everything that happened, all the shots good bad or indiffferent with out making it to boring.

We have all seen the videos of "first round shots" taken, then the camera pans back, to reveal a dozen or more spent shells etc, credibility starts to suffer.

I did attempt 3000+ as well but had no visible strikes, I hadn't intended to try that on the day & would have taken some 425CEs to do it because I have had strikes in the past with them.

The trouble with that distance & backdrop is it is very hard to discern a strike on the video or in the scope, they are visible when you put the SD card into a big TV.
    Full credit to ya as well. I hate trick shooting videos that only show the hits.
    Where do you get a computer that you can have to yourself for 15 hrs? Thats a bloody good trick in its self!
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post

that's effort Greg for sure ! I make a few videos with the dogs -sadly if the resolution is poor they upload quick if not shes a pain in the arse for sure .300 kms to shoot them ..alot but worth it for a spot of such distance and visability for when the round lands -good work
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

You can always do both? Trailer plus full feature.
    Toby likes this.