Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: 7 million new shooters since march.

The fact that we've arrived at this point is telling.

We used to engage in same activities as our elders did. People used to write to gift givers after Christmas to show their appreciation. Engagement in shooting activities was the norm, not the exception. Now the shoe is on the other foot. How did it get here?
    veitnamcam likes this.

OH BTW I remember someone here stating that double barrel shotguns were not a military weapon? Well they may not have been designed as one but they were certainly the "AK" used by the local resistance.

https://collections.tepapa.govt.nz/object/49791
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    New Zealand is a small and a long way from any major problems since colonisation, we have relatively low crime. We simply haven't/don't needed to defend ourselves so it's not part of our national psyche.

The Germans laid a few mines in WW1 the Japanese flew over in WW2 for a look.

We simply don't understand.
    True.

And not to denigrate New Zealand because I love this country but realistically, it's never stood (as a nation), for anything on its own. It's never gone it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    True.

And not to denigrate New Zealand because I love this country but realistically, it's never stood (as a nation), for anything on its own. It's never gone it alone.
    To be fair, it's not needed to but that in turn has lead to complacency.
    veitnamcam likes this.

The fact that we've arrived at this point is telling.

We used to engage in same activities as our elders did. People used to write to gift givers after Christmas to show their appreciation. Engagement in shooting activities was the norm, not the exception. Now the shoe is on the other foot. How did it get here?
    Technology I think.,.
    Cell phones in particular , computer games , social media etc.
    'entertainment' at your fingertips. No need to go outside and play anymore. Who wants to shoot rabbits with a 22 when you can assault a compound with grenades and an M60 from the comfort of the sofa with your mates who are on their sofa assaulting the same compound and chatting with you through the interwebs.
    And with social media being the perfect platform for constant brainwashing from all and sundry telling you how terrible it was with your father/grandfather murdering animals for food and so on....
    veitnamcam likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

True.

No it's a great place to be. However, lets not make the mistake of assuming our experience applies to the rest of the world or assume things will always continue the same here.
    Steve123 and mimms2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftx325 View Post
    Technology I think.,.
    Cell phones in particular , computer games , social media etc.
    'entertainment' at your fingertips. No need to go outside and play anymore. Who wants to shoot rabbits with a 22 when you can assault a compound with grenades and an M60 from the comfort of the sofa with your mates who are on their sofa assaulting the same compound and chatting with you through the interwebs.
    And with social media being the perfect platform for constant brainwashing from all and sundry telling you how terrible it was with your father/grandfather murdering animals for food and so on....
    Nothing to do with technology, its urbanization.
    Most people are so far removed from rural life that they have little to no understanding of life outside the city.

You don't need to talk for very long to realize just how different folk who spend all their time in the city are.
    It's not that their life is wrong but unfortunately they get to vote on how life is done in the rural sector despite knowing nothing about it other than the crap they are feed by stuff and green peace.

Fortunately the founding fathers in America saw that happening to some degree and created the electoral college.
    veitnamcam, Brian, mikee and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    To be fair they are right to be paranoid, just look at what NZ, Canada, Australia and the UK have done, the first sniff of an opportunity to remove guns from their populations they will.
    The saying "Give and inch and they'll take a mile" is completely true, if the American gun owners had faith that their Government wasn't going to try shaft them at every opportunity they would likely stop the paranoia.

Unfortunately they are all looking at what happened here and in Canada and can see that despite the system failing and causing the death of countless people, rather than accept responsibility the Police and Politicians will just scape goat the firearms community.
    They know full well the Democratic party will do exactly the same.
    We're not dumb, as you say we see what goes on elsewhere. New Zealand certainly changed for the worse. Americans compromised on some big gun bills in the past, the 1934 NFA, the 1968 GCA, the 1989 AWB and the 1994 AWB. So the funny thing is as soon as those compromises happen, the left is almost immediately pushing for more and more. During the past 10 years they have tried to sneak in things through passing regulations and making up stuff as we just went through this past month with pistol braces.

The left just never stops or leaves the gun issue alone. There is nothing that will satisfy them unless they have all power and control.

Look at your own country now, more talk of buybacks and more gun laws. The left will not stop. We have to fight for our rights or we will not have them.
    veitnamcam, Ryan, Beetroot and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    The only thing that will stop what is happening here is a change of Govt......
    It would have to he a drastic one because the two major players are reading the same music.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    There is nothing that will satisfy them unless they have all power and control.
    Give me more power and I will solve societies problems and look after you (like a pet). The mantra of the Left.
    Dago and Finnwolf like this.

Banned
    I wish people would stop associating capitalism with debt.

Debt is not capital.

The problem is the absence of capital. If people could only spend money that actually existed, they would be forced to make better decisions.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
    Steve123, Cordite, Dago and 1 others like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    LMFAO!!!! that's brilliant. thanks. needed a laugh.

(I wish people would stop confusing money with legal tender/currency, and; usurious fractional reserve debt (what it is) with credit (what it's sold as)

The problems are more than one. And more than "the absence of capital."
    Ok

Nothing to do with what I said, but OK.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Where have you been for the last 57 years? "
    Well I be dammed, never knew they were made in Nz
    Go fast, Don’t suck

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    The Nats did not support the last round of controls....If they were in a coalition with Act then we have a chance to stop the rot.Not much chance without that happening though.....
    This is a very grim post GDMP, because it is sadly the truth. If ACT and National had won this last election, we might have been looking at reversal of knee-jerk laws. Now I fear the best we can hope for is no additional crap thrown at us.

Back to original post, anyone seen a 'binary trigger'? Watching youtube videos of guys using them in AR15s and even 10/22s, on the one hand it looks a hell of a lot of fun, but you can sure understand why the anti-gun crowd get nervous!