Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Anyone a member of SSANZ or The NZ NSA?

Banned
    I only jumped on here to add some balance to the comments of KScott. The original discussion seemed to set the scene for a NSA v COLFO debate. I think NSA and COLFO are chalk and cheese and a comparison is pointless. Each organisation has its merits and its faults. Each also has its supporters and detractors.

What I personally hope for is that all civilian gun owners will put their efforts and resources into resisting irrational gun control laws that cannot be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society. My greatest fear is that civilian gun owners will fight amoungst themselves in a blind lemmings stampede towards the sort of infringments on their rights that occurred in the UK and Australia.

So anyway... I'm a member of NSA and a financial supporter of COLFO. I think COLFO have useful role as a UN NGO for international representation of NZ civilian gun owners. NSA have a useful role keeping the domestic front lines secure. So +1 for both orgs from me.

Kind regards
    Richard Lincoln
    Last edited by krewzr; 09-01-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    FletchNZ and Nzgunner like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    This kind of petty shit is rampant in the Kiwi hunting and shooting community
    Yep based on past experiences the different shooting groups will be lining up and stepping over each to sell each other out providing they get to keep doing what they do.

Sooner all Licenced Firearms Owners wake up and stick together the better.

And Kiwi39 I think that that 3rd year law student you refer to is Richard Lincoln, the same one if I am not mistaken referred to in Police Vs Lincoln court case re the "Check your stock" thing.
    NSA didn't appear till after. I could be completely wrong here though
    Nzgunner likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by krewzr View Post
    My point was that trying to negate the validity of a persons argument by attacking the person rather than the argument is a flawed form of debate that is usually resorted to by those who actually cannot raise a valid counter argument. Otherwise known as "shoot the messenger."
    And yet on your own forums I'm labelled "is a well known nay sayer and appologist (sic) of inferior intellect ..."

The NSA seems to have difficulty accepting they are simply a small, vocal, hypocritical minority.

This 'petty shit' Beavis ? Here ? Or on a closed forum where debate, reason and disagreement is accepted nor tolerated, especially if it's repeated outside the closed community. Personally I think it's a shame the openness other forums have that allow any member of the public to see discussion and viewpoints isn't tolerated on the NSA, yet god forbid anyone criticse them, because they're labelled sheeple and fools and we're one step away from Nazi Germany in the 1930's.
    Last edited by Kscott; 09-01-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: typo's :)

All I was after in starting this thread was to see which NZ shooting organisations would be worth supporting to fight for our rights as NZ citizens to own firearms, and to stop this silly bullshit about semi-auto's and types of stocks etc etc.

I've joined SSANZ (I'll admit the cheap subscription to my favourite gun magazine made that an easy call) and had the full intention of joining the NSA.

But after this shitfight I'm not so sure. I want to be represented by responsible citizens who are for the safe promotion of gun ownership, shooting sports and hunting. I don't want to be represented by an organisation that has members talking about burying (what would be, restricted) guns on public land. We don't need any more bad eggs making the gun community look bad. Especially when they get caught red handed with an "us vs them" attitude and turn around and have a go at people on this forum.

We're all gun owners, and we're all in this together. We can't afford to not be together on this. I'm still going to consider the NSA... as I said we can't afford to not stick together on this, but boy this has made me a lot more skeptical about it.
    kiwi39 and Happy like this.

I used to be a member of SSANZ, but they have no clout and are withering away into nothing. If you read some of their past newsletters, you will see that their support of citizens owning guns to fight off govt terror and self defense goes further at times than what has been said by some NSA members. I suggest that if everybodies sensibilities are hurt by the NSA or SSANZ or what ever, then they go an school up on law and form a new organisation to rep shooters. I'll happily join. I'm tired of all this bitch fighting and political rhetoric. I just want to keep and shoot my guns. I'll pay my sub to whoever stands up to bullshit.
    paddygonebush and FletchNZ like this.

I used to be a member of SSANZ, but they have no clout and are withering away into nothing. If you read some of their past newsletters, you will see that their support of citizens owning guns to fight off govt terror and self defense goes further at times than what has been said by some NSA members. I suggest that if everybodies sensibilities are hurt by the NSA or SSANZ or what ever, then they go an school up on law and form a new organisation to rep shooters. I'll happily join. I'm tired of all this bitch fighting and political rhetoric. I just want to keep and shoot my guns. I'll pay my sub to whoever stands up to bullshit.
    Totally agree 100%

I'm tired of all this bitch fighting and political rhetoric. I just want to keep and shoot my guns. I'll pay my sub to whoever stands up to bullshit.
    +1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    All I was after in starting this thread was to see which NZ shooting organisations would be worth supporting to fight for our rights as NZ citizens to own firearms, and to stop this silly bullshit about semi-auto's and types of stocks etc etc.

I've joined SSANZ (I'll admit the cheap subscription to my favourite gun magazine made that an easy call) and had the full intention of joining the NSA.

But after this shitfight I'm not so sure. I want to be represented by responsible citizens who are for the safe promotion of gun ownership, shooting sports and hunting. I don't want to be represented by an organisation that has members talking about burying (what would be, restricted) guns on public land. We don't need any more bad eggs making the gun community look bad. Especially when they get caught red handed with an "us vs them" attitude and turn around and have a go at people on this forum.

We're all gun owners, and we're all in this together. We can't afford to not be together on this. I'm still going to consider the NSA... as I said we can't afford to not stick together on this, but boy this has made me a lot more skeptical about it.
    I think both COLFO and NSA promote safe gun ownership, shooting sports and hunting.

We know historically (from 1992) that in the aftermath of legislation that places unjustified restrictions on firearms, a certain percentage of civilian gun owners will reach the point of civil disobediance; we would rather see these CGOs bury their gun in a safe place out of harms way, and safely preserved in cosmoline until the law is changed, rather than see them get prosecuted for having a gun they ought not to have or worse still sell it to the gangs or drugs dealers.

As I discussed with Ryan, there comes a point when each individual makes a moral decision that enough is enough; they make a conscious and conscientious decision to withdraw consent and resort to civil disobediance. You may not agree with your neighbours decision to disobey the law that states that all even numbered properties are forfieted to the crown; you may instead sit on your hands knowing that your odd numbered property is safe (for now anyway) ... but the different points at which we each reach the limit of our tolerance ought not to prevent us uniting for the common good of ensuring that neither odd or even numbered property is forfieted to the crown.

Kind regards
    Richard Lincoln

Banned
    I'm tired of all this bitch fighting and political rhetoric. I just want to keep and shoot my guns. I'll pay my sub to whoever stands up to bullshit.
    +1

As we all will especially if they show maturity and self control and don't do shit or make comments that not only makes them look silly but disassociates us normal people Bury my guns f off dug 1500 fence post holes last few years I m over digging holes what's the new age no work required alternative please ??
    kiwi39 likes this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Administrator
    This thread is over

If you want to discuss your views, do it on your own forum Richard