Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Barnes tsx 160gr FB

So after the sugar cane is harvested the stubble or stalk left in the ground regrows each year or is it more often?

Yeah Mooseman not often you get one in good nick but it does happen , mate have you had anything to do with the Hornady Interbond projectiles not Interlock
    the interbond has a nylon tip not like the 154gr sp I use now the reason I ask I have some in my possession if I want them and was just wondering what they were like
    no sense on throwing them away as they're the weight I use although if you are not sure then someone on here may have used them in the past

Thanks and cheers

Yeah Mooseman they do and it's not often you get one in good nick but it does happen , Mate have you had anything to do with the Hornady Interbond projectiles
    it has a polymer tip unlike the interlock I use now I've been given some if I want them and it's no sense throwing them away as they're the weight I use 154gr
    If you don't have any idea then someone on here may have used them in the past and can shed some light on them one way or the other
    If I get them and the partitions and they all work well then I should have enough projectiles for quiet awhile ''touch wood'' thanks to all the good info Name:  Pic_1106_083.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  71.1 KB
    This is a 5 shot group at 100yds with 154gr interlocks
    And I double posted because I thought I had deleted the first one accidently never mind good reading mate

Thanks and cheers

Yes mate the cane is chopped into 10'' lengths and planted in furrows all in one go then it takes 6-8 months to mature then harvested
    after it's harvested the stumps or stubble reshoots and grows another crop, fertiliser is given to the shoots and that sees it through to the next harvest
    Depending on weather how many times it's been harvested and how good it shoots back will decide whether it's ploughed out and new cane planted again then this goes on
    and repeats itself
    Wild cattle can take away what little profit there is in cane in one good nights grazing for a mob
    By the way mate in the above post it's an 8 shot group not what it reads tried to change it but didn't work must have left it too long hope I don't get a reprimand for using such language

Cheers

I've used the 160 accubond in 7mm mag. I've been impressed with the accuracy and penetration.
    One issue I've heard with the TSX projectiles is the odd one fails to expand. I think some of them have "something" in the tip/hollow point so they fail to expand. The TTSX solves that problem.

Bugga me this forum is magic I tried to change the amount of shots to the right amount from 8 to 5 according to my note book and the right spelling of shot and it wouldn't change then I go back to the post and low and behold it's fixed wonders will never cease or maybe I should learn to use this thing better

Thanks Stug i'll keep that in mind
    cheers

Have used the inter bond in the sons old 3006 years back. They are essentially a Barnes type bullet, full copper and a plastic tip much like the Barnes TTSX , if you have some on hand try them out they may not foul your barrel as bad, maybe. They should penetrate better than the interlocks.

Those interlocks sure shoot well in your rifle, if all else fail to perform then you have at least that load to fall back on.

Yes Mooseman the Hornady interlocks they work pretty well mate . Those interbonds you're talking about were they Hornady? as the ones I have
    at my disposal are and the specs on them from Hornady say they have a lead center with a plastic tip and thick outer wall
    They actually look like ELD's with the plastic tip but they're supposed to have a thicker outer copper wall more so than the ELD-X
    Anyway I might take a couple and have a play with them and try and sort out a load for them
    I've used the ELD's both X and M and both were exceptionally accurate but I wasn't fussed on them I mainly used the M's for target and the X's for hunting
    The X's always had to have follow up shots some times 3 to down the wild cattle so I gave them away and I run out of M's and won't buy anymore
    As you said I may stay with the Hornady 154gr interlock's as back up and find another bullet a little harder one as an every day bullet maybe either
    Partition, Oryx or Interbond so I've got a little to do to decide which one it'll be
    Here's a pic of the Eld-M @ 100ydsName:  Pic_0214_059.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  78.0 KB

Yep Hornady do the inter bond and as far as I know are solid copper , could be wrong ?

Just checked the Hornady site and the linter bond does have a lead core which ic bonded to a heavy looking jacket so it isn't a solid copper bullet.

I think the GMX is hornady's solid copper bullet.
    Spudattack likes this.

Yeah Mooseman that's probably right i'll try them out in the next couple of days although it will only be to build a load and accuracy

So Stug if the GMX is all copper then they'd probably cause fowling same as barnes TSX all copper my rifle don't seem to like copper bullets

Cheers boys Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    I think the GMX is hornady's solid copper bullet.
    Knew Hornady had a solid copper bullet,thanks for clearing that up.