Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: Boycott 'The Petone Gunshop"...

Fucktard.................. EOS
    steven likes this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    He lists ar15's etc on his archaic website

And used to sell norinco ak's buy the truck load. Such a hypocrite. I supported colfo even when he was involved but I'm glad he has moved on-it's seems to have rejuvenated colfo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His website is a bit strange, when I asked him he said he couldnt get any due to "restrictions" bought my stag on line no issues.
    res likes this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

After visiting his shop I think the 1970s was the last time he sold anything out of it anyway

When the shit starts to hit the fan, and its hitting now, we all need to stick together regardless of our preferences. Those of us with current Firearms Licenses are supposedly responsible firearms users and we will all be affected if there are changes. John Howat has done us no good at all, and if I was in the Wellington region i wouldnt be spending my money there - just as I dont spend money at H&F. That is my choice, just as it was his choice to put in that submission. As for that Greg OConnor fella - he needs to pull his head out of his fundamental orifice and take a reality pill!
    Tommy, 300CALMAN, Jexla and 1 others like this.

Ok, to add fuel to the fire, roll your eyes when you read Greg O'conners submission... police association president
    http://www.parliament.nz/resource/en...8d29e62416356b

But there are also a few good submissions as well...

...It seems a lot easier to put a submission in now after its closed, than when it was open???

Reminds me of the idiot who worked for the Gun Shed, made the same sort of comments to the Press. Never went back after that. He works for H&F now I believe...

From his submission it appears there's a lot wrong with NZP's reporting. Perhaps they might want to look at that first before they start looking for more stuff to report on. Seeing the words "Australia", "UK" and "...impose, at least, these same restrictions" brings me out in a rash.

Also note the repeated mention of the pistol-gripped shotgun. Several of the examples he's listed in Appendix 1 didn't actually involve any firearms? There's a huge difference between "believed to be in possession of a firearm" and actually being in possession of a firearm. You know, the old "possession being 9/10ths..." adage. Can't really be a firearm incident without a firearm, can it?

That, combined with several instances of airguns being found suggests to me that he's drawing a long bow on this "problem". No idea what a "magazine clip" is.
    Last edited by Ryan; 20-06-2016 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Fixed editing.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    No idea what a "magazine clip" is.
    It's like a Clipazine, but scarier.

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    He lists ar15's etc on his archaic website
    If we judged all of NZ's firearms retailers by their websites, we'd be in a dark, dark place.
    jakesae101 and Tommy like this.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkeye View Post
    If we judged all of NZ's firearms retailers by their websites, we'd be in a dark, dark place.
    That is very true, I have arms dealer friends and I don't think much of there websites either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

It was a great gun shop in the late 80s, bought a Winchester 44/40 off him and carried it into the Burma Lodge, near Tawa without anyone panicking or calling the cops, them were the days when we trusted all and could make a quick decision on mass murderers. His shop had a great range of pistols and BP rifles and gear, much like the range Neil Hayes carries. Always called in after Managers meeting at Placemaker Kaiwhawara and on my way back to Masterton. I still have a copy of his catalogue from those days!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quite sad, seems like Johns turned into a grumpy old man & is trying to drum up more business by curtailing private sales of fire arms.
    Jexla likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Quite sad, seems like Johns turned into a grumpy old man & is trying to drum up more business by curtailing private sales of fire arms.
    Problem with getting old, one to many of those lovely arsehole customers
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Looking on the web site to find the very firearms the submission was against...
    Jexla likes this.