Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By Kscott
  • 1 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By viper
  • 1 Post By Ryan
  • 1 Post By Kscott
  • 1 Post By gonetropo

Thread: CCI Factory Tour

CCI Factory Tour

Behind the scenes video of making .22 at CCI

veitnamcam, nzfubz, Beaker and 3 others like this.

That is a hell of a lot of lead to get threw in one day!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

R93
    Bloody interesting. I would love a pallet load of subs😆

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
    Uplandstalker likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Bit of shooting there, might even wear out your rifle.

Really cool, man it's a numbers game. More process's than I thought.
    Beaker likes this.

If I knew someone who worked at CCI they'd automatically be my best friend.
    WallyR likes this.

I was amazed at how much manual work is still done, and how much lead they would go through in one day, which would make a very large number of bullets, yet STILL not be enough to meet demand in the US and their panic buying
    Beaker likes this.

Plus all the other ammo manufacturers in the US and Europe.
    Reckon after 200+ years, 22LR is still the most popular round in the world - beats even the 'wastage' of centrefire, in the conflicts around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    I was amazed at how much manual work is still done, and how much lead they would go through in one day, which would make a very large number of bullets, yet STILL not be enough to meet demand in the US and their panic buying
    you will find that lead is now a major commodity and the chinese are buying every single kilo they can, no its not for ammo!

allot of chinese have been using 2 stroke scooters and bikes to get to and from work causing massive oil based pollution in the central cities, the answer they have chosen is to use electric powered bikes using lead acid batteries. of course this only means that the pollution is used elsewhere to generate electric to charge the batteries but hell !! who says logic makes any sense
    WallyR likes this.

Sorry to hijack this thread - have watched the video, and truly impressed by the 'relatively' efficient method of 22LR production.
    @gonetropo - in support of part of your post.
    The pollution generated elsewhere, seems to be conveniently forgotten by proponents of all-electric vehicles. Power generation, mining of rare earths, downstream processing of same, shipping to manufacturers plants, production waste at vehicle makers plants among others.
    So are electric-only vehicles a valid option to hybrid petro-electric systems, hydrogen based power packs, and other forms of power for motor vehicles?
    I don't know, but have yet to be firmly convinced that electric, solar powered or hybridised power systems aren't creating more pollution than the older, well developed but finite resourced hydrocarbon engines, during the production processes for the 'new' technologies.
    Stanley Steamer anyone?
    Last edited by WallyR; 04-08-2016 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by WallyR View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread - have watched the video, and truly impressed by the 'relatively' efficient method of 22LR production.
    The pollution generated elsewhere, seems to be conveniently forgotten by proponents of all-electric vehicles. Power generation, mining of rare earths, downstream processing of same, shipping to manufacturers plants, production waste at vehicle makers plants among others.
    So are electric-only vehicles a valid option to hybrid petro-electric systems, hydrogen based power packs, and other forms of power for motor vehicles?
    I don't know, but have yet to be firmly convinced that electric, solar powered or hybridised power systems aren't creating more pollution than the older, well developed but finite resourced hydrocarbon engines, during the production processes for the 'new' technologies.
    Stanley Steamer anyone?
    lithium mining is now a major part of east europe, the processing is mainly done in china before the final assembly is done in japan.
    electric is "green" : yeah right

res
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyR View Post
    Stanley Steamer anyone?
    Having recently moved from a city that had two stroke scooters as the main form of transport(Taipei) to a city that is all about electric scooters(Shanghai) I would like to point out that it's not really just about the overall amount of pollution, it's where that pollution is in relation to your population and the noise difference. I much prefer 100 electric scooters taking of from the lights outside my building every change to the 100 2stroke ones I used to have.
    Also I don't feel sick riding my bike on Chinese streets like I did on Taiwanese streets, even though the air in China is officially much worse it's actually vastly better on the road.

So yea, electric vehicles are not what some make them out to be-but they are still a massive steep in a positive direction.
    Using Tapatalk