Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Check this out!

Hard to believe the guy or gal sustained only minor injuries looking at the damage but hey some people get lucky, A bolt in the neck if accurate doesn't sound like a minor injury to me!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I can't imagine how you would do it.
    All my cleaning rods have a handle that would be very obviously sticking out the muzzle.

But I have read of American gun forums

I can only think that it's due to the Demographic (the whole of the USA).
    Hunt4life likes this.

Ejected
    I would like to pass comment but then karma will probably pop round and fuck me up this weekend.
    veitnamcam, R93, Munsey and 3 others like this.

You know iv got a slight case of OCD when it comes to checking my barrel.

And now I feel real good about that.
    P38, 7mmsaum and veitnamcam like this.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Hard to believe the guy or gal sustained only minor injuries looking at the damage but hey some people get lucky, A bolt in the neck if accurate doesn't sound like a minor injury to me!
    Only the good Die Young VC.

Dumb arses like this survive forever.

The lesson to learn here is ........ Check your barrels for obstructions people.

Preferably before firing your rifle.

Cheers
    Pete

I think its , people that have not been reloading long & and good dose of stupid as well .

In the US , most people shooting actually used store brought ammo , as it was as cheap as chips , however in the last few yrs the price in the US has climbed & availablity dropped , as a lot that had NEVER reloaded at all , suddenly got into reloading ammo for them selves , and in a lot of cases , made ammo that is not very good , ie low standards , from double to no charges in pistol ammo etc .

SO if anything , I am surprised their have not been MORE seroius cases than what appears to be .

I am constantly shocked at the std of some pistol shooters ammo , from ammo that will not even chamber to squib & over pressure loads , just a general lack of skills and appreciation of the real risk they run , rolling their own ammo , I was once given a 44/40 pistol to shoot with blackpowder loads , thats a 12rd course of fire , to scourge up 12 rds , had to use ammo from 3 different people , NOT one single rd chambered easy , all had to be really pushed hard in , so these guys had loaded and not checked their ammo at all .
    And , all the things they do in the US , we will have happen here , sooner or later , some people , simply should not be allowed to load for , or use firearms ever .

Later Chris

Laser bore sighters that you stick in the muzzle don't like to be left in either.

Ejected
    Human factors. So many things that can attribute to things like this and catch ANYONE out. Just ask James Reason all about it.
    gadgetman likes this.