Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: city kids and shooting

Bos
    The other side to this is my grandson living in Petone, but down here hunting whenever possible. Hes 12 now but been hunting with me and nana since he was 4 or 5 with his plastic gun.
    Well turns out that some of his class mates and teacher aren't to accepting of this hunting thing, and a few even giving him a hard time because a) he's a meat eater, and b), animals have rights to you know!
    Theres a lot who just think he's full of shit, and capable of telling wild stories..........bit different when he fronts up with the pics and vids we've taken of him
    We're breeding a snowflake society - no question about that

yeah i rekin they put the rifle on top of their shoulder to get closer to the scope and put the scope directly to their eye, it probably makes sense at the time haha

and yep taking selfies to show your friends is the thing that motivates them the most for sure

As to comment about snowflake society, I recon this about sums it up.
    https://youtu.be/UvIb99-g7Mw
    Gen x talks. 55 seconds
    Last edited by kruza; 19-08-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bos View Post
    The other side to this is my grandson living in Petone, but down here hunting whenever possible. Hes 12 now but been hunting with me and nana since he was 4 or 5 with his plastic gun.
    Well turns out that some of his class mates and teacher aren't to accepting of this hunting thing, and a few even giving him a hard time because a) he's a meat eater, and b), animals have rights to you know!
    Theres a lot who just think he's full of shit, and capable of telling wild stories..........bit different when he fronts up with the pics and vids we've taken of him
    We're breeding a snowflake society - no question about that
    I thought this sort of lecturing only in the country where firearms are banned. Have to say some parents and teachers are brainless.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    I feel like shouldering a rifle and looking down the barrel should be intuitive (like pointing a stick or spirit level).... but obviously it's not.
    When I was outdoor with friends, like fishing, camping etc. When I look them to do things, there is a voice in my head " how can it be so difficult?"
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

I've been getting some feedback from other sources on what Primary and secondary schooling has lowered itself to in this country. Thank f@ck my kids are in their thirtys, as if they were 10-16 years old in school ATM I would have punched out a fair few teachers the way things are panning out. The stuff that is being passed out as education is gross and distorted. And last week I see we now have a literacy crisis. Kids leave school and can't read /write to save themselves. WTF!???
    pennyless likes this.

Rural schools Not every teacher can do it. 2 grandkids at Elsthorpe.
    But even there the Education Dept is trying to f*** it up.

Quote Originally Posted by chindit View Post
    Give the kid a chance. Living with uncle Ryan may just be the thing the lad requires to realize there is more to life than gangs
    I doubt you get a better offer than Ryan showing you the ropes.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    yeah i rekin they put the rifle on top of their shoulder to get closer to the scope and put the scope directly to their eye, it probably makes sense at the time haha

and yep taking selfies to show your friends is the thing that motivates them the most for sure
    At one of my primary school friends 8th birthday parties back in the days when the TV broadcast stopped at about 2230, one of the activities in addition to pass the parcel and treasure hunt was a spot of target competition with the air rifle.

For reasons that can be easily guessed I ended up with the nickname ‘bazooka boy’ for the rest of the day. The thing was I actually won the shoot and can still remember how the over the shoulder hold felt so much more effective at the time.
    I don’t think I would have had the muscle let alone the muscle memory to balance the weight of a rifle in the correct standing hold at the time. For an eight year old it was like holding a fence post.