Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: E cat question

No problem at all. Hunting is a perfectly legitimate use. In parliamentary records, it says that MSSA's are used by legitimate hunters and that is a reason to have one. I along with every other E endorsement holder I know, (maybe like 20 or 30) have no restrictions whatsoever and most of them hunt with their MSSA's.
    R93, Dr. Watson, stretch and 1 others like this.

When I applied for my endorsement, I stated every possible legitimate use and added "plus any other legal shooting discipline that may interest me in the future".
    The vettor that came around was impressed with how I covered all bases.

So far as I know there are no conditions/restrictions on my endorsement. At least there is nothing I have been made aware of anyway.
    nzvermin likes this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Says on the back of the form that you can put forward any 'reason for possession' to be considered.

Can't hurt to include hunting, most people will have already done so and it can only help towards futureproofing it as a legitimate use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi-Hunter View Post
    It is a E cat and needs a legitimate use so pest destruction is a good idea as to what they issuing one for.
    KH
    Re read the post, we're pretty much saying the same thing !
    Your use of bold type in post 10 isn't really necessary.

This is what I put on my form when getting my E-cat, pretty much covers anything

'Pest Control. target shooting, SRA shooting, collecting and such other lawful uses that may from time to time interest me.'

Also are restrictions ever policed. During my interview with the AO there is no talk about restriction.

ps Other interest...well that hopefully includes Zombie killing

So, does anyone have a restriction or condition of use regarding their endorsement?

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    got mine recently in nelson no problem or restrictions
    Addicted to gun powder

Not here

So, does anyone have a restriction or condition of use regarding their endorsement?

On an interesting note, conditions, if any, aren't recorded against a specific endorsed licence holder - it is applied to the rifle when it is added to the register.

One of my AR's has only one specific use listed on its paperwork - "It's my hunting rifle" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbishi View Post
    On an interesting note, conditions, if any, aren't recorded against a specific endorsed licence holder - it is applied to the rifle when it is added to the register.

One of my AR's has only one specific use listed on its paperwork - "It's my hunting rifle" :-)
    Interesting that you say that because when applying for a e-cat firearm conditions are not required
    Name:  POL67X_with_comments.JPG
Views: 529
Size:  97.0 KB
    Banana and Daggers_187 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevs View Post
    Interesting that you say that because when applying for a e-cat firearm conditions are not required
    Let me know how you get on, it'll be tough to approve the Pol67X as you're not documenting the 'proper' use which it will be used for.

It's all fine and dandy to hide behind legal semantics - gives you a healthy self-righteous glow but all you end up doing is making a nuisance of yourself to those who would have otherwise happily helped you anyway.
    10-Ring likes this.

KScott as others had said, put down as many uses as possible, from 3 gun, Service rifle, collection, target shooting, pest control and hunting etc. I put all those and have no restrictions on my endorsement.
    Hunting is a legitimate use of rifles be they A or E category they fall under.

Cheers and goodluck.
    Kscott likes this.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbishi View Post
    It's all fine and dandy to hide behind legal semantics - gives you a healthy self-righteous glow but all you end up doing is making a nuisance of yourself to those who would have otherwise happily helped you anyway.
    Well said.

My AO was a good bloke, I had written down SR, 3gun and hunting, and he said what else should we write down...
    Like anything they are not stupid, and probably can read us a lot better than most, considering they have been policing for a lifetime...
    rs200nz likes this.

I have an E-cat question so makes sense to use this thread. I was told by a fella at guncity that when they 'buy' new e-cat firearms and bring them in to the country they have to destroy one (usually a cheap Chinese one) because the Govt/Police department have to regulate the number of e-cat firearms in the country??? As in they only want a certain number.

He also when on to say that all the people that applied for their e-cat endorsement after the pistol grip saga don't really have a "real" e-cat, it's only permitted to change over their existing firearms because of the law change. A.K.A if they want to apply for a permit to procure and purchase a new e-cat firearm, they can't...

Please tell me for the love of God, that this is aaabbb-sol-ute bollllucks.

Of course it's absolute shit
    Digit, Banana, res and 1 others like this.