Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Farmlands

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Jones View Post
    Read the legislation on the govt website. I think its also on the police website.
    Yeah ok, I'm not gonna take you seriously now. You wont post a link (not only have I read the legislation, I made submissions on it)

Mikees post describes why I wont take you seriously. Too bad, could have been an interesting conversation
    Woody likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Hnf and gun city are what farmlands calls brand partners and are promising that good deals for card holders after ammunition and hunting supplies will be announced shortly
    No discounts / deals on ammo and firearms for brand partners - you can't even use Farmlands vouchers to purchase them! Apparently not enough margin in it to give permanent discounts. Other hunting supplies is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Yeah ok, I'm not gonna take you seriously now. You wont post a link (not only have I read the legislation, I made submissions on it)

Mikees post describes why I wont take you seriously. Too bad, could have been an interesting conversation
    So you are too lazy to search the govt and police websites to check what i am telling you, (even after i posted a snip from the regulations), and since i didnt post a link to the snip i posted, therefore what i am saying must be incorrect. Words fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Are Horsewhips legal?
    @Woody Having been a Pony Club Instructor, a Rider to Hounds and a Senior Show Jumping judge for many years, I can authoritatively tell you, yes.
    HOWEVER, (there is always a however,) conditions apply as to the type and, dare I say it, method and location of their application.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Its not just their store having to be up to scratch. each store needed to have three firearms licence holders, and each had to have a compliant safe in their home, even if they owned no firearms. So its as you would expect from the powers that not be, death by a thousand cuts is their modus operandi.
    Well if that's the case I see the end of ammo etc in stores who only have a small section handling it, local appliance store is in that situation.

Back on topic - popped in to local Farmlands this morning to grab a few boxes of 223. Fiocchi USA 55sp 50-packs at 78c/round at the clearance prices. Hard to beat that anywhere else..

Shelves were emptying pretty quick, so don’t waste time if you’re after anything.

Still had a bit of 222, 308, 7-08, 22mag, 22, plenty of shotgun, various other stuff..

Staffer agreed with my comment of ‘strangulation by red tape’ and described the situation as ridiculous.
    Micky Duck and outlander like this.

I was pleasantly surprised when we moved down here to discover you can buy ammunition at the wee local Postshop but even he's knocking it on the head soon as he did it pretty much as a favour to locals and being the closest shop to the blue mountains blocks.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Its not just their store having to be up to scratch. each store needed to have three firearms licence holders, and each had to have a compliant safe in their home, even if they owned no firearms. So its as you would expect from the powers that not be, death by a thousand cuts is their modus operandi.
    WHO made up that ‘rule’ that they have to have a ‘compliant safe at their home’? - and why??
    outlander likes this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    The link didn't copy I should have checked. It gets worse
    Ammunition
    New provisions relating to the sales, purchase and possession of ammunition become effective in December 2020.

Ammunition Possession
    Ammunition Sellers

From December 2020 any person who is managing a business that includes the sale or supply of ammunition and who is not the holder of a dealer’s licence needs to be recognised by Police as an ammunition seller.

That means the person must have a current firearms licence, and apply to Police if they wish to start or continue a business as an ammunition seller. This is so Police can verify the person’s security – such as appropriate facilities to ensure the secure storage of the ammunition – and record keeping arrangements are satisfactory.

An ammunition book must be kept by the seller / supplier of ammunition to record the name and licence number of the purchaser / receiver and the quantity and type of ammunition (s22D). Records must be retained for 10 years after the last transaction in the book (be it physical or electronic).

An ammunition seller’s records and stock can be inspected at any reasonable time subject to Police giving seven days’ notice (s22D).

So if you belong to a club that buys in bulk to pass the savings on to its members your committee just got a shit more work to do
    Records to be kept for 10 yrs? That’s worse than the IRD, and manually FFS, everything else is on the cloud!!
    outlander likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

MAC
    Just popped down to local Farmlands store picked some ammo ..
    Going fast at a good price

Farmlands WANGANUI

No stock as they say they have never sold ammunition.

My two local Farmlands branches have never had much of a selection of ammo, usually just some .22lr (which has been out of stock for months), a bit of 12g turns up in April and a couple of packets of Winchester 7mm08.

OK i was in gisborne farmlands today and there was still a bit of 7mm08,308,270,243,a few 22-250 and 223. Also shotgun ammo.

Farmland taihape has got about 10 tubs of 2208 if anyone keen cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    Farmland taihape has got about 10 tubs of 2208 if anyone keen cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2208???
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’