Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: How to not suck?

Hi,

Just a thought, is your JW15 a new plastic stock one? I got one from H&F and could not get it to group at all and neither could anyone else. Swapped it for another one and same result. Ended up getting a second hand wooden stock one off trademe and groups shrunk from 3-4" at 50m down to less than 1".

Do you find the stock too short? I had to lengthen mine to get comfortable enought to shoot.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Do you find the stock too short? I had to lengthen mine to get comfortable enought to shoot.
    Good point. I put a Limbsaver on my CZ to increase the LOP and it made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBoosh View Post
    Good point. I put a Limbsaver on my CZ to increase the LOP and it made a difference.
    I didn't go that far. Took some black panel shims home from work and got creative. Ended up buying a dremil so turned out a touch more than planned.
    Learnt plastic is not so easy to carve but it turned out ok after a lot of time.
    Ended up putting a Boyds rimfire Hunter on it in the end.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Bus driver
    Mate ... you don’t SUCK at all ..., your asking for advice and help .. how does that suck

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Sighting in my rifle yesterday really pointed out i have a lot to work on with my shooting, was wondering if people could offer advice? I'm pulling shots constantly, vertically and horizontally and have a lot of difficulty keeping my rifle stable, those are the two things that stood out to me the most. Are there classes in auckland i can take?
    gadgetman, Angus_A, Beaker and 3 others like this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

MB
    I didn't go that far. Took some black panel shims home from work and got creative. Ended up buying a dremil so turned out a touch more than planned.
    Learnt plastic is not so easy to carve but it turned out ok after a lot of time.
    Ended up putting a Boyds rimfire Hunter on it in the end.

Haha! Quick, easy (expensive!) fix. The factory pads on the CZ aren't easy to remove. Recoil isn't a problem
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBoosh View Post
    Haha! Quick, easy (expensive!) fix. The factory pads on the CZ aren't easy to remove. Recoil isn't a problem
    The Boyds was cheaper than the dremil.
    Now I may have to go through the same drama with my mossy 500 but the Boyds options out. Their new website is un-usable now.

The Boyds was cheaper than the dremil.
    Now I may have to go through the same drama with my mossy 500 but the Boyds options out. Their new website is un-usable now.

Boyds website works fine in chrome on a desk top pc if that helps, it won't work on Internet explorer

Sorry stupid laggy interwebs double post

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Boyds website works fine in chrome on a desk top pc if that helps, it won't work on Internet explorer
    Nah, it checks you card details and if your shipping address or name on your account doesnt match exactly it cans the order. Meanwhile your money's tied up for around a week. Tried to use it twice a couple of weeks ago. I'm not trying a third time.

Nah, it checks you card details and if your shipping address or name on your account doesnt match exactly it came the order. Meanwhile your money's tied up for around a week. Tried to use it twice a couple of weeks ago. I'm not trying a third time.

Can you not buy anything on the Boyds site through gunrack in Auckland?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Can you not buy anything on the Boyds site through gunrack in Auckland?
    Probably could but not after dealing with their customer service. Followed their email advice and same shit happened. Called the number and no help whatsoever, basically apologised for the shitty website but tough shit on your order. Her advice was keep trying and cross your fingers.Hopefully the Don relaxes the ITAR rules and we can get more manufacturers to chose from.

Yeah my rifle is the plastic stock version, 15" barrel. So far I've only grouped it with CCI segmented subs as that was the ammo I was intending on using. It's got a konus 3-9x32 with the illuminated 30/30 crosshair. I looked at getting a Boyd's stock but I have no idea how I get one in NZ. Length of pull on it is very short for me, I'm 6'3" I'm probably just going to make some extensions and find some longer screws for the butt plate to solve that though.
    Steve123 likes this.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Yeah my rifle is the plastic stock version, 15" barrel. So far I've only grouped it with CCI segmented subs as that was the ammo I was intending on using. It's got a konus 3-9x32 with the illuminated 30/30 crosshair. I looked at getting a Boyd's stock but I have no idea how I get one in NZ. Length of pull on it is very short for me, I'm 6'3" I'm probably just going to make some extensions and find some longer screws for the butt plate to solve that though.
    Gun rack NZ imports them. Or try to find a Brno mod E stock which would fit and be much better.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    dannyb likes this.

Alot of good advice already posted. If you haven't had a look, check out fundamentals of marksmanship on the internet. There are various versions all pretty much follow the same protocol (generally military based). It covers a lot of what has been discussed, breathing, sight alignment, etc. The main one for me is natural point of aim. Get your sight picture, breathing, etc then close your eyes and open them again. If you are still on target then you are good, if not your position is wrong, you're "fighting" something. Test and adjust. Another thing is your target, try a square centre and try grouping on each corner, I find it helps alot of shooters get repeatable results which helps confidence
    Angus_A and MB like this.