Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: I encourage you to give Club Target Shooting a go

My target shooting started in the mid 2000’s using my long range hunting rifles for fclass that did worked well and I found NRANZ type shooting great for practice.
    Nek minute I tried the club Fullbore target rifle, got hooked, sold all the hunting rifles and filled the safe with 308 Fullbore rifles 😅
    Can be a deep rabbit hole
    GWH, 6x47 and Cyclops like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    Thee is NO issue in most fullbore clubs with someone who needs to shooting off a bench. We have one HB member who does this. Hell, I can even supply something suitable if it comes to it Grandpamac
    Greetings @6x47 and @GWH,
    Thanks for that. I will sort out some kit and be there in the Spring.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    GWH likes this.

My para mate has taken up the sport since his accident and Te Puke club now have benches at 3 5 600 yards where he can compete from his wheelchair. He is enjoying it and now right into reloading and NZDA events as well. Other members help out and are very supportive.
    GWH and small_caliber like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by small_caliber View Post
    NZDA has Benchrest competitions which for those unable to shoot from various positions is a viable competition.

If you look at the NZDA Benchrest rules you will find they have a "factory" centrefire class which is your normal hunting rifle.
    Years ago when the Sth Canterbury branch was running Benchrest matches there were a few that shot factory class, while they were competing at the same time as the other classes they were just competing against others that were in the factory class which makes for an interesting and challenging competition.

Pretty soon I understand that NZDA will also be introducing a "factory" class to the Rimfire Benchrest competition.

I have to admit these competitions aren't common as there are a very limited number of people organising matches, but it could be introduced to any range where there are benches to shoot off all t takes is someone to organise them to get it going.
    Targets are available from NZDA and anyone wanting to organise something can contact me and I can help them get up and running.
    Thats great, the only issue we have with that here in the Hawkes Bay is there is no Deer Stalkers range at all. The closest one is Taupo unfortuanatly. Whereas the Hawkes Bay Rifle Club have their 300, 600 and 1000 yard private range just south of Hastings.

We have the Sld Deerstalkers Assn members as associate members of the Invercargill Rifle Club and quite a few turn up to shoots, or organize NZDA matches on the range. It was one if our best moves in years . . .
    GWH, Cyclops and small_caliber like this.

My closest range is over 2 hours away so unfortunately I don't have the spare time or extra fuel to drive there and back where as I can drive 15 mins to a 50m high bank where I can sight in out to 200m on public land and it is where most locals do the same.
    Borris likes this.