Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By timattalon
  • 1 Post By Steffan
  • 1 Post By Pengy
  • 2 Post By mikee
  • 1 Post By Ingrid 51
  • 1 Post By woods223
  • 1 Post By grandpamac
  • 1 Post By woods223
  • 1 Post By woods223
  • 1 Post By Cyclops

Thread: Marlborough Shooting Clubs?

Marlborough Shooting Clubs?

Do any forum members belong to Marlborough Shooting clubs please. I note there appears to be a couple of smallbore units in existence and a couple of centre fire groups, based near Renwick or over Nelson way.

Missus and I have sold at Hamurana and secured a place in Blenheim for our twilight years. I need to decide whether to sell my multiple range-oriented rifles in .308 and 6.5x55, sticking with my Tikka 6.5x55 hunting rifle, or move sideways from TECT Park based shooting group and continue with range shooting. Of real consideration is my having had spinal fusion so prone shooting is now quite difficult. Bench stuff is magic, so ideally a facility offering that would be great.

I know there is a NZDA up that way as my brother is in it. There used to be a target oriented range at Kaituna but its not one i have ever been to myself and not sure if it still belongs to a club.
    Ingrid 51 likes this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

The deerstalkers use the same range at Kaituna as the target shooters they use it on sundays there is no bench rest set up there but maybe the deerstalkers may have a portable set up available .The range is on private property so it can only be used on days that the clubs are shooting .
    Ingrid 51 likes this.

There is an old boys club that gather at Cable bay on the weekends. Saturday am I believe. The range is open to all, with a phonecall booking and honesty box, if you just want to shoot gongs out to distances way beyond my capabilities, but I am happy to spot for you.
    PM sent
    Ingrid 51 likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    There is an old boys club that gather at Cable bay on the weekends. Saturday am I believe. The range is open to all, with a phonecall booking and honesty box, if you just want to shoot gongs out to distances way beyond my capabilities, but I am happy to spot for you.
    PM sent
    Seabourne Rifle Club
    Pengy and Ingrid 51 like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Should have bought in Nelson

Nah. Terrain too undulating for Shirley on crutches.
    zimmer likes this.

As stated above deer stalkers share Kaituna range with Kaituna Blenheim rifle club. No permanent benchrest facility. Private range out Cable Bay way has benchrest shooting at steel plates. Not sure what Nelson Deerstalkers range has these days.
    Ingrid 51 likes this.

Had a look at the Marlborough NZDA FB page which has pictures of a range that they are using. This has benches at a covered firing point which looks like new construction.
    GPM.
    Ingrid 51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpamac View Post
    Had a look at the Marlborough NZDA FB page which has pictures of a range that they are using. This has benches at a covered firing point which looks like new construction.
    GPM.
    Just spoke with president of rifle club and definitely no benchrest facilities at Kaituna. Is shot there on Sunday with deerstalkers @ 200yd mound, hence my earlier post.
    Ingrid 51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by woods223 View Post
    Just spoke with president of rifle club and definitely no benchrest facilities at Kaituna. Is shot there on Sunday with deerstalkers @ 200yd mound, hence my earlier post.
    That is a different range to the one on the NZDA FB page. The Kaituna Range looks like it might have a markers gallery as well. Wish we had something like that in HB.
    GPM.

@grandpamac. Deerstalkers share range with NRA club. The photos you refer to are probably at Peak View Range near Nelson. A few of our members have shot there. Privately run PRS type range. Have a look at their webpage, www.peak view range.com
    Ingrid 51 likes this.

The Kaituna Blenheim Rifle Club is a NRANZ affiliated fullbore rifle club that shoots on the Kaituna range.
    The fullbore season has just finished.

They don't have a permanent benchrest setup, but some clubs have setups that can be taken to the mound.

A link to their FB page is Kaituna Blenheim Rifle Club .

Message me if you want further contact details - I'm not a member of that club and won't publish personal contact information.
    Ingrid 51 likes this.

Many thanks for the info team. Will make contact with respective range people once established in Blenheim.