Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Nathan Foster

Not sure about Nathan he certainly has done a lot of work however his total objection to the use of a bipod pretty much turned me right off his ideas. If you want to shoot off a pack go for it but don't tell anyone who uses a bipod they are wrong.
    Puffin and Cobber1888 like this.

funnily enough Mr Foster does go into depth on how to best use a bipod in his books....he does suggest you learn over daybag first... and I can see merit in that...Ive just purchased my first bipod....because Im using a heavy rifle in light recoiling calibre and getting above long grass has been problimatic...I still hold forend using it.
    chainsaw, Stocky and caberslash like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieZAR View Post

Just use eldm if you wanna hunt long range.

And use interlocks if you hunt regular range

Or whatever simmilar there is from other brands.

Lot of his stuff seems to be compied from American stuff.

His bedding compound is good though
    Just head shoot the c**ts
    widerange and Cobber1888 like this.
    Warm Barrels!

Quote Originally Posted by 300_BLK View Post
    Just head shoot the c**ts
    Bloody oath, what a pointless exercise haha.
    Far better things to do with ya time than mucking about heating up bullets

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    funnily enough Mr Foster does go into depth on how to best use a bipod in his books....he does suggest you learn over daybag first... and I can see merit in that...Ive just purchased my first bipod....because Im using a heavy rifle in light recoiling calibre and getting above long grass has been problimatic...I still hold forend using it.
    Too much slamming of bipods or shooting off bags goes on without people thinking about other factors first, some stocks shoot terribly off a bipod (weak fore-end) but then again a sling swivel stud drilled into the stock was never mean to be load bearing in the sense of anywhere between a 50-90kg+ person leaning into it to 'pre-load'.

Essentially, a stock designed to be shot in prone (most modern 'tactical' stocks) are terrible for offhand shooting, either too heavy or when made in carbon, their sheer bulk make them difficult to handle. On the otherhand, a 'sporter' stock is always going to be a compromise when shooting prone. Would much prefer to use a bag with a sporter stock, especially if you are already carrying a bag!

Either that or get a 200 gram odd Spartan bipod! (but don't lean into it like a Harris or Atlas!)
    6x47 likes this.

How much money and time do these projectile manufacturers spend testing designs?

Buy the right projectile for the job and leave it at that.
    In saying that since all these new ballistic tip prokectiles have came out people think soft points are obsolete and have suddenly stopped killing
    bumblefoot and caberslash like this.