Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By hotsoup
  • 3 Post By 7mmsaum
  • 6 Post By Happy
  • 1 Post By Willie
  • 1 Post By hotsoup
  • 2 Post By Happy

Thread: Need a bit of a hand!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    925

    Need a bit of a hand!

    Gday,

    I've recently been putting together a new 7RM which I'm pretty excited about! Only issue is I have nowhere to sight it in.. I'm currently based in Cambridge / Hamilton. I have a 4 day trip planned on the 2nd of Jan, hoping to be able to use the rifle as it is far lighter, will be ideal for big walkin trips.

    I'm not very experienced when it comes to sighting in and setting up scope correctly. If anyone has a farm/range in the general area and would be keen to give me a hand? It'd make my Christmas!

    Cheers,
    Vin
    0272945797
    Last edited by hotsoup; 22-12-2016 at 09:13 AM.
    Frogfeatures likes this.

  2. #2
    Caretaker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,339
    I can help if you are interested in driving to the Hawkes Bay Area
    P38, veitnamcam and shift14 like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

  3. #3
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    8,400
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

  4. #4
    Member Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Gday,

    I've recently been putting together a new 7RM which I'm pretty excited about! Only issue is I have nowhere to sight it in.. I'm currently based in Cambridge / Hamilton. I have a 4 day trip planned on the 2nd of Jan, hoping to be able to use the rifle as it is far lighter, will be ideal for big walkin trips.

    I'm not very experienced when it comes to sighting in and setting up scope correctly. If anyone has a farm/range in the general area and would be keen to give me a hand? It'd make my Christmas!

    Cheers,
    Vin
    0272945797
    HI YA

    Is it suppressed ?

    Cheers Happy
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    925
    Hi @Happy yep it's suppressed.

  6. #6
    Member Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Hi @Happy yep it's suppressed.
    I ll probably be about 27th 28th 29th .Weather permitting could drive to Matamata then I ll take you to our range ?

    Depends on what slave labour her in doors has planned for me to ....
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

  7. #7
    Member Willie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    hamilton
    Posts
    553
    If Happy doesn't work out for you @hotsoup I am looking at heading over to Rotorua range this week with obligatory stop in the Outdoorsman if you are happy to share the ride- either that or might invite myself to Happy's place but have to go get some more ammo!
    His place is addictive!

    Hey Happy can I come play?
    Danny likes this.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

  8. #8
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Central NI
    Posts
    3,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    If Happy doesn't work out for you @hotsoup I am looking at heading over to Rotorua range this week with obligatory stop in the Outdoorsman if you are happy to share the ride- either that or might invite myself to Happy's place but have to go get some more ammo!
    His place is addictive!

    Hey Happy can I come play?
    Sing out @Willie. I'm keen


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

  9. #9
    Member Willie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    hamilton
    Posts
    553
    Hey Danny- tomorrow suit you?
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

  10. #10
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Central NI
    Posts
    3,701
    Keen but I'll check with the boss.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    925
    Awesome day out, got the 7RM dialed in. Cheers to @Happy!
    Bernie likes this.

  12. #12
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    8,400
    Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Awesome day out, got the 7RM dialed in. Cheers to @Happy!
    Tht has me confused, cos when I spoke o Happy earlier tonight, he was supping piss on the deck at Cooks beach
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

  13. #13
    MSL
    MSL is offline
    Member MSL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,339
    Cooks beach is not very far from his place

  14. #14
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    8,400
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Cooks beach is not very far from his place
    True. But he drives like a nana
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

  15. #15
    Member Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    True. But he drives like a nana
    Ha ha we did it a few days earlier . Nice to meet Vince. He's not a bad shot either. @hotsoup
    Pengy and 30calterry like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. left hand right hand tikka
    By buzzman in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-08-2016, 07:43 PM
  2. WTB: WTB Lee hand primer
    By Frogfeatures in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2016, 10:16 PM
  3. Wtb hand primer.
    By Cartman in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 12:15 PM
  4. wtb 243 2nd hand dies
    By geezejonesy in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 10:16 AM
  5. Beer at hand !
    By Munsey in forum Off topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 15-08-2013, 05:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!