Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: A new to me Zkw 465 Brno

My K-Hornet is a Browning 1885 Low Wall single shot, almost as nice as a Brno in a different way, but alas mine is 1:16 twist so I'm a lot envious. Kudos for going for something classic.

Just be careful you don't get run in as a poacher (carrying a Hornet is like "being in possession of tools") as one of the most prolific and successful (now retired) poachers I know of carried a K Hornet as weapon of choice for years and years!

northdude
    theres something about the hornet nice little round and can be challenging to load for you either love them or hate them

Good story R93, I thought it was going to end badly for some reason, glad it didn't looks like a great little rifle.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    R93 that little K Hornet is a really good shooter alright, and those velocities are right up there. Those 55gr loads will be good on deer even with body shots within there range limitations.
    What length barrel is on your rifle? my Walther is only 20 inch so around 2700 fps with the 45gr Hornady is about all I get. I have had close to 2800 with that bullet but I think it was a bit hot for my rifle with that powder.
    Look for to seeing the results of a few hunts with the little K Hornet.
    It has a 19" barrel. Speeds are a bit slower than I expected with certain bullets but very happy with the 55gr load.
    I will use it mainly to shoot deer and chams than vermin. Probably get away with using a 45-50 grain bullet but I will stick with what I know works for now.

Will take it for its first walk when the weather clears.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Good story R93, I thought it was going to end badly for some reason, glad it didn't looks like a great little rifle.
    If you are referring to another thread about remorse, that is still ongoing and nothing to do with this rifle.

I think I got a great deal on the Hornet and very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    If you are referring to another thread about remorse, that is still ongoing and nothing to do with this rifle.

I think I got a great deal on the Hornet and very happy with it.

Yeah that was the angle I was coming from, glad to hear one experience worked out well, hope you end up with a good result on the other dealing.
    R93 likes this.

R93
    Yeah that was the angle I was coming from, glad to hear one experience worked out well, hope you end up with a good result on the other dealing.
    I hope so as well, but knowing who/what I am dealing with I am not that confident. It has put me in an uncomfortable position on how to deal with it.

I bought something over a year ago that has or is supposed to have, a lifetime warranty. It broke, rather catastrophically.....could have seriously injured me or someone else using the item. Sent it back to be fixed and it was done in a timely manner. All good, except for the rather large invoice that it come back with.

That's where two reasonable men and fellow forum members should be able to talk it over, work out a fair solution for all involved and sort it out to allow both parties to move on........

R93
    Righto this is my own thread so I will post info on my remorse buy in here.

I am awaiting a reply to a request from the vendor.
    However it is my opinion that if I was going to get any joy I would have got it in the first place.

I bought a firearm a little over a year ago. One of the main reasons I decided to buy said firearm was that it was made in NZ and has a lifetime warranty.

Said firearm broke while firing.

Could have been seriously injured or worse, someone I care about could have if using said firearm and injured.

That didn't happen. It was really a non event actually but still had potential to be worse had I not had something hit me in the foot.

Damage imo is no one in particulars fault apart from manufacturers of side part.

Send firearm to get seen to and repaired.
    Only communication I received was that firearm arrived safely and that it was completed. I did make some general initial enquiries but they mostly went unanswered.
    I have kept the trail of emails. Last Friday I was informed the gun was repaired and will be sent shortly. Email had a huge invoice for the job attached.

Gun was held until I returned from overseas and I received it back this morning which was appreciated. Another paper invoice inside.

At no stage was an opinion given as to the cause of the failure or even that I would be responsible the cost or even a heads up how much it would cost.
    I and others who seen it assumed will be a warranty issue.

The only reason I can think of as to why it is not covered by the lifetime warranty is that I caused the damage by some means.

If that is proven to be the case I am happy to pay. I will also uppercut myself for being such a stupid and a whiney bitch.

I cannot see how I am responsible for this but willing to accept that I am, if proven otherwise.

Last pic is the very cartridge case fired when this happened.
    No damage to cartridge case at all.
    No bulge and rifling is undamaged behind and in front of the fracture.
    It just broke. I have my suspicions why but I am no expert metallurgist.

Ouch, glad no one was hurt.
    I am no fire arm expert but an interesting place to fail / break.

Hope you get a good result at the end, good luck mate.
    Sorry if I changed the subject of this thread, it was never my intention.
    veitnamcam and R93 like this.

That sucks!! Consumer guarantees act?

R93
    Ouch, glad no one was hurt.
    I am no fire arm expert but an interesting place to fail / break.

Hope you get a good result at the end, good luck mate.
    Sorry if I changed the subject of this thread, it was never my intention.
    Not at all. I would have put the post it where I shouldn't have anyway.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    That sucks!! Consumer guarantees act?
    I don't know where to start mate.
    I actually like the fella I bought this off which makes it harder. Been very helpful in the past although colourful

I can't recall ever needing a warranty claim and don't want to be a dick or offend anyone but it might have to be that way to get some satisfaction.

Interesting failure - looks like a brittle failure of the metal.

No elongation or deformity? No bulge?

Even the failure orientation looks interesting. Internal pressure within a tube will almost always fail longitudinally first (think of how a sausage splits along its length first) and so a circumferential failure is normally at a weld (or some other discontinuity... but there shouldn't be a weld at that point...
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Interesting failure - looks like a brittle failure of the metal.

No elongation or deformity? No bulge?

Even the failure orientation looks interesting. Internal pressure within a tube will almost always fail longitudinally first (think of how a sausage splits along its length first) and so a circumferential failure is normally at a weld (or some other discontinuity... but there shouldn't be a weld at that point...
    No bulge or elongation.
    Metal appears thinner at 12 O clock but that's the only thing visibly odd apart from the break.