Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: New NZ 3 gun divisions

So. . . . With a pistol other than open needing to conform to the ipsc box dimensions, does that mean an end to the 141.25mm pistol mag max length?

Sent from my S7e

Specweapon, where did this info come from? Pm me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I.
    It is all a mind F#$k for me to be fair.
    As are a lot of these events and rules.
    There must be a lack of understanding and apprehension regarding the grand tournament rules.
    I for one did not understand them fully.
    When I chased sporting clays the best shot on their day won, and within reason it did not matter what equipment he or she had.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    This is why I gave pistol shooting away after 20 years. I like to shoot not stand around waiting for an hour to shoot a 20 second stage and then wait some more.
    I always preferred 3 gun

With Sporting clays (even though I am only a casual shooter) you either hit it or miss, everyone can see that. There is no arguing or fannying about and not really too much of a gear race , you either break the clay............................... or not.
    I can shoot 100 sporting clays targets on a Sunday before lunch you would be doing well to shoot 10 ipsc stages before lunch.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

R93
    I gave sporting away because of cost and travel.
    To shoot a 100 target match cost at least $120 bucks in entry and ammo.
    Double that for an island shoot or nationals.
    Living on the West Coast I had to travel everywhere but, just to tackle decent and challenging fields.

3 gun/pistol shooting is way cheaper for me and I can train to a decent standard without having to drive or fly across the country.
    My sporting gun was almost worth more than all my ipsc gear combined.
    I miss the shooting and social aspect of the sporting circut but do not miss the travel and cost.
    I won plenty of events and prizes with a shotgun but haven't even managed a free lunch in IPSC.
    Really enjoying the challenge of it for now.

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

I just want to shoot shit.

Not into politics(but have to, to get anything done - over it), not wanting to really win (so I don't really care what grade/class i'm in). I just want people to run through stages, score and reset as quick as possible, so we can shoot more stages.

I do really like the social side though. However, should not get in the way of shooting on the day. ie shut up and patch.

Rule changes and date changes this close to a major comp is stupid and makes the overall management look the same.
    However, I do agree with any changes to get more people shooting.

Wet Wednesday rant over.
    R93, mikee and nzvermin like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

I agree that getting more people shooting is a good move. But watering down the competition by adding more divisions to an already low shooter pool to make medals and awards even more meaningless is not the way to go.
    Cost is probably the number 1 cause of low shooter turnout. Accomodation, travel, entry fee and ammunition to compete in a 2 or 3 day national event in another part of the country is a certainty. The exact costs involved per person will vary but they are always there and they arnt cheap when feeding 3 guns and traveling away from home.

Getting more people involved starts at club level and by running 3-gun shoots and getting the individual shooters to a point that they want to spend the money to go and compete in a national type event.

So why are we supposedly changing the divisions again?
    Last edited by Towely; 18-05-2016 at 10:45 PM.
    mikee and Beaker like this.

l
    Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    I agree that getting more people shooting is a good move. But watering down the competition by adding more divisions to an already low shooter pool to make medals and awards even more meaningless is not the way to go.
    Cost is probably the number 1 cause of low shooter turnout. Accomodation, travel, entry fee and ammunition to compete in an event is a constant. The exact costs involved per person will vary but they are always there and they arnt cheap when feeding 3 guns and traveling away from home.
    Getting more people involved starts at club level and by running 3-gun shoots and getting the individual shooters to a point that they want to spend the money to go and compete in a national type event.

So why are we supposedly changing the divisions again?
    Agree fully. (but don't care about medals etc)
    Make the rules simple to understand, by this hopefully fast to shoot. Range requirements easy to meet with simple setup (ie low cost to local clubs - but leaving creativity available), so more ranges available., etc.,

I think something that splits the players in half - the gamers, rule readers etc.... in one half. The second half shooting what ever they like to shoot, and the only real measure is accuracy and maybe time. ie a F1 class and a club/fun grade.

Plus extra grades for old age and west coasters....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

R93
    Yup, spot on. Club level is where to peak interest.

We have a radio advert on community radio for the club (it's free&#128518

We are also trying to be more for the lack of a better word "Friendly" to people that show up out of the blue.
    We have an induction spiel and everything.

We are thinking of advertising an open day as well.

Our club has around 50 members and only 5-6 are into IPSC and only a couple will travel to the bigger shoots.
    We have heaps of Clint Eastwoods tho😆

Beaker and seano like this.

IPSC or those leather wearing folk, doesn't matter - just need to get people shooting and enjoying it.

There will always be people that want to win at all costs/requirements. They should be encouraged, as the top performance attracts sponsorship and media - hopefully in a positive light.

However, there are people that just like to shoot shit/appreciate guns/etc.., and we need to support these folk as well.
    mikee likes this.

R93
    Yeah I agree but trying to get Bow legged to spend club funds on anything ipsc is bloody hard.

I am sure they only agreed to buy the Texas Star because it had the word TEXAS in it😆

Beaker likes this.

I'd like to see IPSC in Nz progress to a stage like where drifting is at. That 30 second video of Keanu Reeves practicing shooting has over 6 million views on youtube, not because people like him or the movie he's cast in, but because that style of shooting is incredibly entertaining. Someone should be organising a small media outfit to cover large events in a style like the Warkworth Multigun video, and then send snippets out to tv networks, try to get even a 2 minute showing on sports news.
    If we can popularize it then we can monetize it with better sponsorship and i think the sport would snowball
    R93, Gillie, Beaker and 2 others like this.

R93
    Pretty sure if I ever ended up on some sports news clip shooting a stage, I would attract a heap of sponsorship from a lot of the charitys and foundations.😆

Last edited by R93; 19-05-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    Someone should be organising a small media outfit to cover large events in a style like the Warkworth Multigun video, and then send snippets out to tv networks, try to get even a 2 minute showing on sports news.
    It has been tried. Even with the 2013 Australasian IPSC champs in Rotorua 700-800 shooters from around the world media agencies didn't want to have a bar of it. There was a small segment on a TV1's "Seven Sharp" about Tiffy P. that was originally sold to them as action girl dirt biker, horse rider, shooter...but got cut down to mainly the shooter aspect. I remember at the end of it the reporter said something along the lines he was conflicted , hating firearms but she was attractive. Positive press for the sport is incredibly hard to come by.
    Kscott likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    Better not have been, I just booked my flights. That being said if I knew they were making the changes to the rules I wouldn't have bothered coming down.
    @Mufasa. Mate got our range calander and the SI 3gun is on there as 16-17 July.

PNZ changed it not us. It may pay to get hold of them and ask why this has not been updated on the PNZ website.

Cheers, I flicked the section director a message, he hasn't heard anything. Still waiting on a response from the match organizer. I have a feeling there are a few other NIers who have booked passage based on the PNZ website...has suspicions of an imminent cluster *$^*.