Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Range in Auckland

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Hi Mr Range was the initial property out the North West around Kumeu?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

*sigh*

"Conscientious objector to firearms". That's okay - nobody is forcing him to use them. Why does there always have to be one dickhead to screw it up for everyone else... four houses away at that?

Thanks for all the effort Mr Range - keep at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Hi Mr Range was the initial property out the North West around Kumeu?
    Yes it was in the North West of Auckland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Watson View Post
    You know on our property we have 3 approved ranges aswell as other facilities and activities that required special land use consent from council.

Some of which have been in the process for 5+ year, it just doesn't happen over night.

And we own all the land for kilometres in each direction.
    I can only imagine the difficulty in trying to open a range in a semi built up area such as suggested by "Mr Range"

But the fact that they have not yet aquired the land yet leads me to believe they are at the very beginning of the process.

The land will be zoned rural not recreational so he will need a special land use consent.

This will need to be notified so then everyone (not just effected parties) can have a winge and moan about why they don't like the idea.

This alone can hold up the project indefinitely.

How long ???

Who knows but I wish him all the best and not to give up.

Doc.
    You guys pretty much have set the bench mark for rifle ranges in NZ, full respect for your work.

At this stage I have far too much money invested in it to pull out, but I understand when I started it could all be wasted. People nowdays have views on firearms based on the medias scare mongering, we were very lucky to get a largeish land where the surrounding properties all agree'd and were understanding to our cause.

The issues started to arise when we were forced to go further away to consult the public, then people started to have objections, mostly they are townies on lifestyle blocks. But an objection is an objection no matter who it comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Range View Post
    Yes it was in the North West of Auckland.
    The local iwi have just settled their claim and have taken ownership of substantial property holdings. They have also recently been advertising for someone to develop their interests in the area. Have you considered a JV with them? The way forward could be easier with their involvement.
    Mr Range likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

The local iwi have just settled their claim and have taken ownership of substantial property holdings. They have also recently been advertising for someone to develop their interests in the area. Have you considered a JV with them? The way forward could be easier with their involvement.
    Very intrested.

I am not in any way involved with the iwi, it just occurred to me that they might entertain the prospect as part of what they want to do is develop their property holdings into business ventures and create jobs for their members. I considered applying for the role they advertised but chose not to.

I am not in any way involved with the iwi, it just occurred to me that they might entertain the prospect as part of what they want to do is develop their property holdings into business ventures and create jobs for their members. I considered applying for the role they advertised but chose not to.
    Do you have any information?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Range View Post
    Do you have any information?
    Not really but there was an article about it in the local Rodney Times and Nor West News a couple of weeks back so finding that and then Asking the journalist who the contacts ere could be a start

Thats a bugger Mr Range, but when I read the Herald a few weeks back and they had an article about 1,000's of homes on the horizon for the Kumeu area I immediately thought you would be pushing shit up hill. That part of town is expanding fast, especially with the new motorway extension.

If you have to go thru with a notified consent any clown can object and with cheaper affordable homes being built for young families thats what your up against.

My 10 year old was playing in a 3 day soccer tournament 2 weeks ago in Huapai, couldn't believe how busy the main road was thru Kumeu, no wonder that Gull are building a new petrol station in the main drag. Won't be long before Transit start thinking of a by-pass.

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes.

Well that's a shitter then isn't it, back to the 3 1/2 hr drive out of Auckland to go shooting.... And there's no Starbucks on the way...
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Quote Originally Posted by Survy View Post
    Well that's a shitter then isn't it, back to the 3 1/2 hr drive out of Auckland to go shooting.... And there's no Starbucks on the way...
    Happy to share costs if you want company

Finding somewhere in auckland for a casual shoot is a pain.

Cost isn't the issue the the travel time, thanks for the offer, besides thought your way would have more promise
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...