Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    my end statement was meant to say you "cant 'be your average grunt -no disrespect intended -For some reason I couldnt edit ??

R93 were you special forces or a Sniper ? You appear to want to want to be aggresive when you dont agree with something -regarding your email to me --just a little common sense will tell you what a sniper must be to perform at the level need to be in their position

R93
    I definately was not special forces. Tried, wasnt good enough.
    I used/intended no aggresion what so ever. I called you out on what was written and as it was written. See it from my side if you will. We have wound each other up in the past. I thought you were starting another wind up so decided to pull you up on it.
    You have after I pm'ed you explained what you were meant to have said, so have I.
    Stating as I did in the pm that I am sure you and I would not get along if we met is just the truth. If you find that aggresive you have my apologies.
    But try and have the metal not to bring up in public that I was aggresive to discredit me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So forgive my Outbursts and my sausage fingers and thumbs!
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Appology humbley accepted and yes I would understand why you sent that email -you did ask me not to reply-- but no problem r93 at all!

A funny story about my uncle when he went on the SAS course in the early days -he and his mate got pissed and threw a flash bang into an officers car which I am told burnt out -when he went to Australia for a parachute course he was interviewed about it -admitted it -court martialed and given the boot -still the SAS boys turned up at his funeral many years later -the family always said he was a hard little bastard. I shoot with a few different guys who have done the training -SBS UK SAS UK Para Bats SA -All have a slightly different presence about them

So if the NZ army has bugger all true snipers, in the sense of a "real" sniper, does the job of long range precision shooting generally fall in a designated marksman type role? I would have thought the ability for commanders to have men on tap to deliver accurate long range fire would be a highly sought after asset

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    So if the NZ army has bugger all true snipers, in the sense of a "real" sniper, does the job of long range precision shooting generally fall in a designated marksman type role? I would have thought the ability for commanders to have men on tap to deliver accurate long range fire would be a highly sought after asset
    There is a dedicated marksman to a rifle section yes and it gives the commander on the ground an asset like you have described. The Army has just purchased a 7.62 for the role and the role is filled by the best shots. There are a reasonable group of sniper qualified men in the RF but a lot move on and up.
    The job was/is done by Cpl below. And the role is specific and directed generally from battalion level. They are used a lot for intell gathering.

What rifle have they purchased for this role -Auccuracy International or another brand?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    What rifle have they purchased for this role -Auccuracy International or another brand?
    Savage Axis

lol, but only 1 and they have to share it.

On the bright side, they get to practice with an air rifle purchased from Gun City.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    and get flown around in reject helo's

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    and get flown around in reject helo's
    Thats the Navy I think that is entertaining that notion -Helos that the Aussis wont touch
    My mate has a Savage 338lm -shoots very well but ugly

LMT MWS

nice semi's

The Otorohanga Sniper Shoot was a lot of fun. Had a great day. A shifty wind though, that you had to keep an eye on.

Thats the Navy I think that is entertaining that notion -Helos that the Aussis wont touch
    My mate has a Savage 338lm -shoots very well but ugly

that was because the aussies, being genuine tightarses, brought second hand airframes while we brought brand new ones that had better avionics. Aussies will never learn about second hand equipment.

Here you go...

New NZ Army Marksman Rifle - YouTube
    Last edited by Shooter; 20-05-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Link not working
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"