Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Rifle, 3GUN and Pistol Shooting

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by petronious_arbiter View Post
    hey @Rushy — where is the Omni Club range?
    They share the Deerstalkers range at Riverhead.
    TimK and petronious_arbiter like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    The multigun currently popular isn't the same 3Gun seen in the US, each stage is shot with only 1 x firearm.
    Actually multigun in NZ is the same (actually similar some NZ specific changes) as the multigun run under the 3-gun nation rules set in the U.S. The distinction is between IPSC 3-gun (one firearm per stage) and the 3-gun Nation multigun (multiple firearms on one stage). Both rules sets exist in NZ however the multigun is pretty new (kind of) and a new RO system is being ironed out due to the complexities of running on of the matches.

At Waiuku there is only a couple of us that "regularly" shoot multigun or 3-gun. To really play the game you will really need your "E" endorcement and your holster qualification. I recommend shooting IPSC before trying multigun off the bat. While not essential it is a more graduated way of doing things. In term of coaching for multigun/3-gun there isn't really anyone that does it as a rule, normally you do your pistol training and a lot of the other stuff is an extension of that. Warkworth has the strongest concentration of capable 3G/multi shooters with a lot knowledge on gear etc.
    Kscott and TimK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    Actually multigun in NZ is the same (actually similar some NZ specific changes) as the multigun run under the 3-gun nation rules set in the U.S. The distinction is between IPSC 3-gun (one firearm per stage) and the 3-gun Nation multigun (multiple firearms on one stage). Both rules sets exist in NZ however the multigun is pretty new (kind of) and a new RO system is being ironed out due to the complexities of running on of the matches.

At Waiuku there is only a couple of us that "regularly" shoot multigun or 3-gun. To really play the game you will really need your "E" endorcement and your holster qualification. I recommend shooting IPSC before trying multigun off the bat. While not essential it is a more graduated way of doing things. In term of coaching for multigun/3-gun there isn't really anyone that does it as a rule, normally you do your pistol training and a lot of the other stuff is an extension of that. Warkworth has the strongest concentration of capable 3G/multi shooters with a lot knowledge on gear etc.
    Is Waiuku currently open to new members?

Is anyone here a member of a club in or around Auckland that preferably shoots pistol, that is taking new members at the moment?
    I have emailed a number now and had no relpy at all. Any insight or info much appreciated. It seems everyone is full-up?

MaW
    Auckland pistol club is always taking members but given the restrictions in place you would really need to ask them what is happening. When I joined you just jumped in to the training right away with other people at varying stages of their training. Usually you were within one to about a max of 5 weeks difference in training.

Since then I think they have moved to different intakes a number of times a year so that everyone in training is at the same level. I can see how that makes sense.

So find out when the next intake is. They do training on saturdays and I have seen new people coming through on the club match days so it must be happening.

It's addictive! I am also building up for multigun, it will add a bit of fun but I will say, for a guy who has always shot rifles the fun is in the pistols for me.
    TimK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaW View Post
    Auckland pistol club is always taking members but given the restrictions in place you would really need to ask them what is happening. When I joined you just jumped in to the training right away with other people at varying stages of their training. Usually you were within one to about a max of 5 weeks difference in training.

Since then I think they have moved to different intakes a number of times a year so that everyone in training is at the same level. I can see how that makes sense.

So find out when the next intake is. They do training on saturdays and I have seen new people coming through on the club match days so it must be happening.

It's addictive! I am also building up for multigun, it will add a bit of fun but I will say, for a guy who has always shot rifles the fun is in the pistols for me.
    Oh nice! I think I did email them but shall try phoning! Thanks for the information.