Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: rossi single shot 223

Banned
    Mine is minute of goat any day of the week - although I did polish the trigger internals to assist the trigger pull

couple of really easy/simple things to try/check before you get frustrated....recheck that rail is tight and no movement,recheck the rings to rail is tight,no movement.... try couple of shots minus suppressor..just to rule it out of equasion.... as 7mm mag said... hold forend firmly and then try holding the action metal behind it instead..thats how Ron used to range shoot with the BLR to good effect.
    I can shoot OK with my single 222 but do find I need to concentrate on getting it right..more so than with heavier rifle.
    check the buttstock isnt moving in relation to action too..usually a long screw located under buttplate up hole through buttstock...
    funny thing about the 223s...unless trying some way out there bullet weight thats completely wrong for rifles twist..the yall seem to shoot pretty jolly well...so surprised you have a 55grn load thats not....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

as mentioned earlier i had to shim the rear of the rail just to get enuff adjustment out of the elevation..... was in at GC on tuesday and they said "yes we have a rail in stock" , drags it out but its off a puma lever action but looks the same as what i have at the mo, so that there is the first issue to remedy before anything else ......i think the first 2 shots were ok just the third is a bit wayward so like i said to sammy if i need a third shot i shouldnt be hunting ......being a budget single shot hunting tool as long as the first is good and the second then i can live with that i have got some different ammo to try so will report back when i have the next set of results.
    Micky Duck and rockland like this.

TLB
    Mine never shot better than 2". Still shot a few deer, pigs and goats with it. Ended up cutting it down so I could break it down and put it in a pack, was bloody handy.

ok update time fitted a new rail and torqued everything down. gc @tetawa gave me some reloads to try (55gr noslers and 55gr molys ) and i picked up some hornady critical defense (selection is still pretty thin on the ground round here).
    sticking with 2 shot groups cos if i need more then i should just put the rifle away and get the camera out.
    after a bit of dickin around getting the scope adjusted im happy with placement of the noslers (tetawa put a little note in with them "good on deer)
    the molys shoot low and felt like a light load (less kick) the hornadys shot a little high and to the left will remember this for longer shots.
    Name:  IMG_20240205_130516_131.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  4.21 MB
    Name:  IMG_20240205_130106_449.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  4.15 MB
    next step? get some dies and components and see if i can get some consistency