Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Pav

Thread: Sako Gamehead Pro Ammunition

Sako Gamehead Pro Ammunition

Just wondering if anyone has tried this ammo in 7mm mag and what results they got? any animals been taking with what results?

MSL
    My cousin has just started shooting it in his blaser 7mm mag, not animals yet, but it is very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pav
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has tried this ammo in 7mm mag and what results they got? any animals been taking with what results?
    Sorry mate not 7RM but used this in .308 on a big bodied Ruahine red stag at 325m ,absolutely sacked him on the spot but massive meat damage to virtually the whole front end but depends what you're wanting from your bullets I guess...different strokes for different folks but to me this seems like good stuff.
    Also done plenty of target shooting out to 600yards, to my mind it's what you'd expect for a modern "premium" type cartridge.
    bigbear and mimms2 like this.

I have been using this ammo for awhile now in my rem mag 22inch barrel t3x and very accurate , shot maybe 10 deer and all dropped on the spot cept one which only went 20 mtrs .
    I haven't recovered any projectiles as yet all pass through s so i think they need to hit bone to really get them expanding .
    The only downside is they are very slow 2730 fps from my 22 in barrel, they mite open up quicker if doing 2950 fps in a good reload{ 165 gr game changer].
    Lately i have had trouble getting them , local shops been out of stock for awhile now.
    Cheers

@30late thanks for that, you tried any other factory hornady rounds? like the 162gr eldx

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    @30late thanks for that, you tried any other factory hornady rounds? like the 162gr eldx
    Actually have just bought a box of Precision Hunter but haven't tried it yet , got some nzda range shoots coming up soon which will use up my supply of the sako ammo and encase i cant get any more with the roar fast approaching didnt want to be court short with no ammo.
    Andrew at h@f here in Palmy said he got 2778 average mv from another tikka 22in barrel with precision hunter ammo so only slight improvement on sako ammo.
    Must be time to get some reloads me thinks !!