Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bryan
  • 1 Post By Mick Hunter

Thread: Shooting range options

Shooting range options

Hi guys. On the hunt for somewhere suitable for doing load development / sighting in. Im based in auckland, the auckland NZDA range is closed at the moment + the 200m hasnt been available even to us NZDA members in quite some time.

Recently i have been travelling down to taupo and using the NZDA taupo range as a guest, however its quite a way to go just to do load development & drive all the way home, and without becoming a NZDA taupo member i cant shoot the 200m either, so looking for options closer to home.

Im open to joining a club / paying a membership as i do a fair bit of shooting, or even happy to pay someone with a farm etc in the auckland area that has a suitable property for shooting on.

I have been looking online and the Tokoroa Shooting Complex looks like it could be a goer, does anyone else shoot there and know whats involved / if things still run the way they used to as far as being able to become a club member get a key and shoot whenever you need?

Open to ideas! Cheers

Why not go to North Auckland NZDA ??????

Have done before, again still only 100m & have to go on certain days at certain times that its available.

Auckland certainly is lacking in the range department. Have you considered the Waiuku range? Only 100m but considerably closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew46826 View Post
    Auckland certainly is lacking in the range department. Have you considered the Waiuku range? Only 100m but considerably closer.
    Have done yeah, but its a reasonable sum of money to become a member plus the yearly fee & still only 100m. If the tokoroa one is as good as it sounds and im able to join there, i dont mind the extra travel to be able to shoot 200m aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 CRD View Post
    Have done before, again still only 100m & have to go on certain days at certain times that its available.
    I'm pretty sure North Auckland used to have a 200m firing point just depends which range is active.

TECT park bop nzda?

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    TECT park bop nzda?
    My thoughts too. The TECT NZDA range goes out to 300m (with a 900m one in the works), have open days once a month where any FAL holder can pay to use with good range officers to support.
    small_caliber likes this.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Tokoroa shooting complex. Once a member you pay subs and a key every year and can pretty much shoot any time
    small_caliber likes this.