Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Sighting in with a suppressor

Multiple rifles with suppressors. Ar15 up until shit happened, Howa 1500, Winchester M70, Savage Axis. All shot to same POI near as dammit after refitting suppressor.Ranges out to 380 odd yds on animals, 500yds on std. clay targets. Even shot 200yd dearstalker competition ok with suppressor loose on Howa, got distracted my cock-up. Just sight in with suppressor on, recheck after removal/refit, if all good forget about it and go for it, other shit in life to stress about. I may be lucky, but over that number of rifles I doubt it.
    Bol Tackshin, Micky Duck and NO4 like this.

NO4
    I mainly bush usually so rearly shoot out to 200m.
    I've been trolling the net very fascinating things these suppressors,(so many different designs)may even have a crack at making one,

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
    Hot Barrels and tight lines

yeah nah....Darren at DPT and Amandas team at gunworks have got it down pretty darn good.... enjoy it.
    be plurry careful if you do decide to try making it......its on the end of a rifle so a little bit wrong is a big bit of trouble.

NO4
    Hmmm spend my evenings on the lathe or watching cooking/reality TV with the Mrs,,
    It's a tough decision ha-ha
    But seriously,got the range booked for the morning and what happens the heavens open up,hope it clears by the morning

you have a lathe....next you will be chatting to Doug and turning out barrels LOL.

NO4
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    you have a lathe....next you will be chatting to Doug and turning out barrels LOL.
    Doesnt everyone,Contemplated making a barrell also,,always wanted a Remington revolving rifle,,could be a possible project in the pipeline

Quote Originally Posted by Hbwanderer View Post
    Doesnt everyone,Contemplated making a barrell also,,always wanted a Remington revolving rifle,,could be a possible project in the pipeline

I'll probably get locked up for even looking at this, under the next round of thought police rules, but...https://hackaday.com/2017/03/08/diy-...-printed-help/

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    has anyone tried adding different amount of baffles to see if there is any change in point of impact for more or less baffles?
    There is with muzzle forward which is natural when you consider it, you have added a little more weight to the barrel end, changing the load on the bedding and hence the frequency of oscillation. Dpt suppressors which are all I have the shifts detectable at 200 on a thin barreled 223 of mine. 2 inches up which isn't really a lot but shows it does happen.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    has anyone tried adding different amount of baffles to see if there is any change in point of impact for more or less baffles?
    I have on both Dpt and A-Tec.
    I have noticed nothing out to 800 meters,...... or have I,
    now you have me thinking.
    You bastard.
    Cigar and Max Headroom like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

One thing i've noticed is the increased carbon build up in the throat area that definitely requires more cleaning to avoid potential over pressure situations if the build up decreases the neck to throat clearance.
    Pay special attention to this extra cleaning requirement, its pretty serious.

Bus driver
    You need to read an article in the latest ..”shooting illustrated “ magazine...October 2019..Page 34.....”Can-sequences”.......it explains this very subject in great detail...take a read,well worth it....hopefully someone can post it......
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Don't forget to put half a drop of gun oil on the barrel thread now n then.Some people leave their suppresser on for months then wander why they are hard to get off.(cooked on)

Quote Originally Posted by Get me some View Post
    One thing i've noticed is the increased carbon build up in the throat area that definitely requires more cleaning to avoid potential over pressure situations if the build up decreases the neck to throat clearance.
    Pay special attention to this extra cleaning requirement, its pretty serious.
    Why would the carbon build up be that far back?

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Don't forget to put half a drop of gun oil on the barrel thread now n then.Some people leave their suppresser on for months then wander why they are hard to get off.(cooked on)
    I was of the understanding that the suppressor should be removed for storage, I am sure I have seen that written on a pamphlet that accompanied a suppressor from the manufacturer.

northdude
    also dont store your rifle with the suppressor on take it off when its cooled after shooting