Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Signature zee rings

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Signature zee 30mm rings and Delta scope.
    did they move? there is always a 1st time for everything

Nup. All good.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    I run only Sako Optilocks or Burris Z Sig or Burris XTR rings on my rifles. All with the plastic inserts. 1", 30mm and 34mm.
    Great hold, no need to lap the rings and don't mark the scopes.
    +1 hard to beat optilocks and zee rings, self aligning and won’t damage scope tubes. And agree with Rambo about the Leupold PRWs, best avoided if a marked scope tube pisses you off

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    For guys who need to put all the flashest gear on there rifles as though they are trying to make up for something

The truth of it is you won’t see any advantage over a $130 set of z rings unless you’re running a 50bmg or something else massive
    For normal caliber’s including large magnums once you have a solid set of rings like burris z or meany other options that won’t move that’s as much money as needs to be spent
    Well... I am not one that spends 400 on precision rings but I am not so quick to dismiss them as veblen goods. I would like to see a study that looks into the marketed benefits of expensive rings and examination of whether these benefits exist and meaningful.

In another thread several months ago, I questioned the point of using steel for rings, given that aluminium rings are perfectly adequate and significant lighter for rings of the same strength . No one was able to give me a comprehensive, let along satisfying answer.

Ok. Was a fine day and fine company at TePuke 600yard shoot today. Here are couple pics. I was shooting a testoad of 165grain Sierra gamekings out of my Schultz and Larsen M65dl .308 Norma Magnum. The rifle is 56years young. The wind was l-r 10-15mph variable and windage varied 2-5 moa. You can see on the target how once I got the elevation correct with s1 & s2 that shot #2 went left 2moa during a quick windspeed drop. However the shots # 1,3,4 are less than 3/4moa group and the tested sd is pleasing. Pis are of test group and rifle. The group was shot off the pack, hunting style. No rear support was used.
    Nice looking rifle, very tidy. Those S&L's are renowned for shooting well, have fun.
    Woody likes this.

Any opinions out thete on the relative zero hold using these
    insert type rings compared to alloy or steel rings?
    I had them on a 7mmrum with a nightforce scope for about 5 years. Did a lot of hunting trips and the POI never changed.
    6x47 and Woody like this.