Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Tactical denfense classes

Quote Originally Posted by marky123 View Post
    Tactical
    Weapons
    And
    Techniques
    ...?
    lol

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

While that particular video was pretty tame there must be a huge percentage of the American population that are sitting at home quivering in fear that armed assassins are coming to steal their bucket of chicken or a lot of wannabes that have seen to many rambo movies.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    outdoorlad and Dougie like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    Firearm proficiency is more important in gaming and hunting than it is in self defence?
    They're learning defensive use of a shotgun, and you expect them to shoot clays?
    You said he was teaching them to use a shotgun in your post, so I said how I would teach someone to shoot a shotgun.

Anyway, if you are teaching a beginner the basics of self defence with a shotgun, loading through the ejection port and wearing you Tactical Assault vest and single point sling is pretty over the top. One would assume that loading through the port was because you have used all 8 rounds in your extended mag, and only in America is it expected that in a self defence situation you will need that many shots.

Maybe if they were taught to shoot clays then they would be a better shot and have quicker reaction times than a steel plate in front of you. Which is about infinity billion times more useful in real life than loading through the port with single shots, as if you have used all 8 rounds in your shotgun, the chances are you are going to need more than just one more and it would make far more sense to reload the whole mag. Or just use the pistol you have tucked into your undies, or the backup pistol on your thigh holster, or the throwing knife in your shoes.

Again, teaching people to shoot defensively is not something I view as extreme, it's the little things like the Military sayings and the Tactical outfits that one does not need.
    This guy is pretty tame compared to most out there, but it was just his video that sparked me to make this thread.

I bet he has a rifle like this at home though, and wears those stupid glasses everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q362H-xg0ZA

I would fuckin hate to be in a fighting situation with a shotgun. I couldn't think of a cuntier thing to run with an adrenaline dump happening and a bunch of dregs invading your home. This is where rifles and 30 round mags come into their own. Good stopping power and more suitable for fending off multiple attackers. Contrary to what you might think, violent home invasions are a real thing over there. Often 3 or more attackers will be involved. I would want more than 8 rounds on tap in that situation.

without wishing to sound armchair commando and all that,but if you can't do it with 8,you ain't gonna do it with 30

You can't perform at your best under stress. You will probably miss. You need as many follow up shots as practical. In a hunting situation I would agree, probably at less than 8 shots. But it isn't hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    You can't perform at your best under stress. You will probably miss. You need as many follow up shots as practical. In a hunting situation I would agree, probably at less than 8 shots. But it isn't hunting.
    As you say under stress you could well miss, isn't that why all US police departments use shotguns not to mention the over penetration of 223 bullets in resadential situations . Give me a 8 shot benelli any day.
    BRADS and Ryan like this.

ebf
    ah man, this is one of those threads where I have to just bite my tongue

at least we have two awesome new terms that have come out of this:

1) tactical twat
    2) going "armchair commando"
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    ah man, this is one of those threads where I have to just bite my tongue

at least we have two awesome new terms that have come out of this:

1) tactical twat
    2) going "armchair commando"
    I have just the thing for this post ebf

Tactical denfense classes

Last edited by BRADS; 10-09-2014 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added
    DAF, 7mmsaum, ebf and 10 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by von tempsky fan View Post
    As you say under stress you could well miss, isn't that why all US police departments use shotguns not to mention the over penetration of 223 bullets in resadential situations . Give me a 8 shot benelli any day.
    Not really, most use rifles. It is a common misconception that pistols and shotguns pose less risk of collateral damage. Basically anything powerful enough to stop somebody is powerful enough to penetrate walls etc. Shotguns don't do great against body armor etc either. Another thing to consider with buck shot is the spread pattern. Each one of them pellets can be a law suit.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    What is the battle efficiency test like for that unit BRADS?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    What is the battle efficiency test like for that unit BRADS?
    It seems fierce tonight Rushy
    Gibo likes this.

Good dry wall test with rifle, shotgun and pistol ammo

.223 Drywall Penetration: Results

Banned
    Adrenilan dump! !!!!! Is that code for shitting your daks?.clearing a house is done with a team the first per through the door is armed with in some units ...................a shotgun, Secondly it's true shootys are no good on body armour but they eat faces all day long.in high stress situations only trained people operate ideally.thirdly who has done an adrenilan dump before? And were you still at high-school when you did it