Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Tactical denfense classes

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Ive watched some of the AR15s clips while researching what to buy and frankly thank f*** I dont live in the US.

There are,

a) some seriously mentally challenged ppl over there with easy access to some serious guns.
    b) Even boring sane ppl like accountants go on the AR15 "tactical" courses, I dont know if that is even more worrying than a)

If the USA ever goes bush it will be hell on earth.
    They've been bush, twice
    ebf and stumpy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Sheesh 73 different brightness settings for the red dot and it comes in rainbow colour dots and I am impressed by the leopard scope.

Wouldn't be surprised if the recoil from the first shot made all the attachments drop onto the ground.
    I loved the multi coloured/laser/red dot placed right in front of the scope in that piss take. If you read the blurb it was a joke.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    So you're not going to miss, all your shots will be perfectly placed, and each round will instantly stop the attacker/s in their tracks?
    This is based on what? That you can hit 8 out 8 clay birds on a square range while static, calm, and not being shot at?
    Considering that the options are,
    You are attacked in your sleep = dead.
    You know that you are going to be attacked and are going to be ready and waiting = your will shoot the first intruder and the others will more than likely flee, or be caught by surprise and not have a chance to shoot while you take your next shot.
    You are in fact being attacked by North Korea and there is multiple intruders who are going to fit you to the death = you are going to be killed no matter how many shots you have.

The though that you are going to be running around your house blind firing over the couch at 3 or 4 people is ridiculous.
    How many home invaders do you think are going to hang around after their mate has been shot?
    99% of all videos you see of an armed citizen shooting at an intruder, the intruders are out of their in a flash.
    stumpy likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    The teams I've seen only use them for breaching, not the best in hostage situations so never the first through the door.

If you've never had an adrenaline dump then you're missing out, it's training that keeps you in control during an adrenaline dump.
    Lol yes I would like to avoid dumping adrenaline all over the floor.in Regaurds to shotgun entry I wasn't referring to a hostage situation

now , I haven't read all the posts but I get the gist that its all Hoo-rah and all that ....buuuuuuut ..... and remember I hunt bugger all , ........ I like shooting guns , I like shooting them at things .... I even kinda like shooting on the courses set up at my range (when my leg manages to stay on ) .... I kinda would ;like to do a pistol advanced tactical thingy .... I like firing machine guns . I like the smell of cordite ... grease gunpowder etc etc .... I think the americans have instilled in them selves a fear mentality , where they believe they need to learn these things .... I think a lot of these courses give a good amount of confidence to people who maybe lack it .... I would love to train with the aos , sas etc .... I loved the army and at times wished I stayed... im not that interested in the paintball thing , or airsoft guys , but if fellas want to run around and have fun doing that , more power to em , ..... I also enjoyed hunting and stalking , and even sitting very still and watching the animals move around .... then the kill shot , I like all types of firearm "fun" .... sorry on using the word fun, I am very serious on gun safety , but for me a lot of my shooting is fun .... if I could manage it , I would do a tactical course just because it looks "fun" ..... once again , my opinion and mine alone .
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Considering that the options are,
    You are attacked in your sleep = dead.
    You know that you are going to be attacked and are going to be ready and waiting = your will shoot the first intruder and the others will more than likely flee, or be caught by surprise and not have a chance to shoot while you take your next shot.
    You are in fact being attacked by North Korea and there is multiple intruders who are going to fit you to the death = you are going to be killed no matter how many shots you have.

The though that you are going to be running around your house blind firing over the couch at 3 or 4 people is ridiculous.
    How many home invaders do you think are going to hang around after their mate has been shot?
    99% of all videos you see of an armed citizen shooting at an intruder, the intruders are out of their in a flash.
    Well yeah, in the event that you know you’re going to be attacked and the attackers run away after you fire the first shot, then you wouldn't need more than 8 rounds.

So you're not going to miss, all your shots will be perfectly placed, and each round will instantly stop the attacker/s in their tracks?
    This is based on what? That you can hit 8 out 8 clay birds on a square range while static, calm, and not being shot at?
    no mate,its based on me not ever having to shoot anyone
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Adrenilan dump! !!!!! Is that code for shitting your daks?.clearing a house is done with a team the first per through the door is armed with in some units ...................a shotgun, Secondly it's true shootys are no good on body armour but they eat faces all day long.in high stress situations only trained people operate ideally.thirdly who has done an adrenilan dump before? And were you still at high-school when you did it
    Its a real thing necky. About 10 minutes before I stepped in the ring when the nerves turn into adrenalin, I would immeadiatley need to run down and take a huge dump. Quite a palava if you have your gloves strapped taped and signed off (official checks gloves to make sure you dont have any needles or rocks in there or whatever). Wiping your ass with boxing gloves on is not easy

Well yeah, in the event that you know you’re going to be attacked and the attackers run away after you fire the first shot, then you wouldn't need more than 8 rounds.
    Yeah are some pretty common misconceptions with the whole armed intruder thing. The vast majority of home invasion is oppertunistic, the thiefs take the path of least resistance. Why bust into a home guns blazing only to end up in a firefight with Commando Team Mum and Dad, and risk getting shot in the face when you can just break in and steal the shit you want when they arn't there, and not risk getting shot in the face.

In fact the vast majority of homicides in American homes are with the homeowners firearm, by someone they know well. Yet the yanks wont lock up there guns as they need to have access to them at any time.

Im all for being able to defend yourself, hence why I have done martial arts in various forms for the last 15 years. Having unlimited access to firearms puts you in as much or more risk than owning a firearm negates.

If an attacker entered my house, there's no way I could get into the gun cabinet, grab the benelli, put a couple of rounds in and shoot said attacker, before they found my bedroom. Because of this and because I prefer hand to hand combat, I sleep with an ice axe by my side. Haha
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    If an attacker entered my house, there's no way I could get into the gun cabinet, grab the benelli, put a couple of rounds in and shoot said attacker, before they found my bedroom. Because of this and because I prefer hand to hand combat, I sleep with an ice axe by my side. Haha
    Ive got a 5 D-cell Maglite under my bed.....can see em & hit em using the same weapon! (and a weapon it is) just hope anyone reading this 'public forum' doesn't know where i live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....i might become 'unlightened'.....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Hahaha
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Ive got a 5 D-cell Maglite under my bed.....can see em & hit em using the same weapon! (and a weapon it is) just hope anyone reading this 'public forum' doesn't know where i live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....i might become 'unlightened'.....
    Yep I got clouted by a Cop with a maglite when I was younger and sillyer. Left a big ass lump, 3 stitches and a big ol blank spot in the memory banks. I can attest to them being an effective offensive tool.
    JoshC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    now , I haven't read all the posts but I get the gist that its all Hoo-rah and all that ....buuuuuuut ..... and remember I hunt bugger all , ........ I like shooting guns , I like shooting them at things .... I even kinda like shooting on the courses set up at my range (when my leg manages to stay on ) .... I kinda would ;like to do a pistol advanced tactical thingy .... I like firing machine guns . I like the smell of cordite ... grease gunpowder etc etc .... I think the americans have instilled in them selves a fear mentality , where they believe they need to learn these things .... I think a lot of these courses give a good amount of confidence to people who maybe lack it .... I would love to train with the aos , sas etc .... I loved the army and at times wished I stayed... im not that interested in the paintball thing , or airsoft guys , but if fellas want to run around and have fun doing that , more power to em , ..... I also enjoyed hunting and stalking , and even sitting very still and watching the animals move around .... then the kill shot , I like all types of firearm "fun" .... sorry on using the word fun, I am very serious on gun safety , but for me a lot of my shooting is fun .... if I could manage it , I would do a tactical course just because it looks "fun" ..... once again , my opinion and mine alone .
    I would say I'm much the same, guns are an expensive hobby, so i like to get as much out of them as I can. Setting up some things and running a little course is a lot of fun. I guess it comes down to why you are doing what you're doing, rather than what you're doing. In regards to the Americans, I'd say more of them could probably do with running a weapon-handling course, or indeed just more running fullstop

But yeah, get your under/over, set out maybe 20 or 30 spray-painted ice cream container lids on sticks at various positions and do the course on the clock. It's a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I clicked the link and didn't watch the video when I saw it was range time. There was a major Internet shit storm recently over an accusation of Corey's "stolen valor". Claimed he was an Infantry officer in Afghanistan when he actually dropped out of basic or some shit. But that isn't why I didn't watch it I just don't really like them.

There are lots of different people involved in the serious use scene in the US. Some are really good, some are dip shits. Like anything in life.
    @Beavis
    See that Range Time are deleting anything they deem critical on any of their FB and YT pages and videos to make themselves feel better.
    Including one of mine, which wasn't even critical in the slightest. What a joke.

He is a prize tool that got caught out.
    Welcome to Sako club.