Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Tarata Medium Range Field Shoot Video

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Learnt heaps, and already looking forward to the next one !
    Glad to hear it, ebf. Every shoot we do is different. You just picked a very windy medium range one to start with.

Some notes for newbies :
    Gillie is a sadist... He especially loves punishing left handed shooters
    It is not, so much that i love punishing left handed shooters. I try and punish everyone equally

Thanks gillie for organising the shoot and thanks hans and family for their hospitality. We'll definitely worth the trip up from wells despite the intermittent rain and gusty winds it was still a good day and lots of things learnt. Just as well we had that practise a few weeks ago as I was using my wind dope from that but the wind was still hard to pick at times.

The barricade and net I thought were definitely a good stage and required a bit of thinking to get stable and stuff. The know your limit stage was good too managed to get them all with help from @ebf with his great spotting skills!

Time limits I think we're fair which meant you had to be mindful of not messing around too much but still had enough time to range, dial set up etc for each target. I think it would have been better with the 30 second stage to be able to load the rifle before the time started but hey it's not a biggie.

Great to put a few faces to names and hope to catch you all next year

Professional Armed Tramper lost's Avatar
    Yup as everyone has mentioned, yet another brilliant shoot! Time limits were fair, which put enough pressure yet still manageable. The barricade and net really stuffed me up as expected, man I suck without a bipod! Haha

Thanks again Gillie for organising and running a top shoot, I don't even want to start imagining how much time you put in to ensure we had a bloody good time shooting!

Good meeting some new faces off the forum ebf, and catching up with Gillie, scoped, ChrisF, and Bagheera. Grasshopper left NP this morning

Cheers again,

Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by scoped View Post
    Time limits I think we're fair which meant you had to be mindful of not messing around too much but still had enough time to range, dial set up etc for each target. I think it would have been better with the 30 second stage to be able to load the rifle before the time started but hey it's not a biggie.
    Fair call on the 30 second stage. I re-shot this stage today before we picked up the targets. Had a couple of cameras with me this time and videoed myself shooting. I'll put it together into a short clip. @andyanimal31, expect to see similarly hard target at Taihape this year. Malcolm and I have been talking and think we may have a good target for you guys. Well, we think it will be good for spectators!

Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    Thanks again Gillie for organising and running a top shoot, I don't even want to start imagining how much time you put in to ensure we had a bloody good time shooting!
    Cheers, Nelson. I enjoy most of the time i put into shoots. Great to meet a bunch of like minded people and have some fun shooting with them!
    ebf likes this.

Big thank you to Gillie for organizing the shoot! As always, it was fun! My drive back to Auckland took more then 6 hours as I was driving to the road condition and my driving ability condition ���� Took a few stops on the way just to stretch my legs and do a bit of Tai Chi to recharge myself, ya right! �� Good to have meet new faces and catch up with old ones. Finally, thanks Hanks and family for your hospitality and NO! we will NOT go inside your house with our wet clothing ����

Quick video demonstrating the 30 second stage scoped talked about. I took the video on the Sunday (day after the competition). The weather was much nicer and there was less wind.
    Woody and J.T like this.

good vid and good shooting

sucked for me as my rifle only fits 3 rounds with the 284 case, so had to handload the last 2, and time got short. still managed to hit it though

hard to shoot with that wind on Saturday and factoring the target moving around too

J.T
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post

Quick video demonstrating the 30 second stage scoped talked about. I took the video on the Sunday (day after the competition). The weather was much nicer and there was less wind.
    Nice work Gillie Unlucky on that forth shot aye it worked for the 5th,Did you deliberately make that gong a dimond!.Sounds like everyone enjoyed it as is the norm with these shoots.

Jase

Quote Originally Posted by J.T View Post
    Nice work Gillie Unlucky on that forth shot aye it worked for the 5th,Did you deliberately make that gong a dimond!.Sounds like everyone enjoyed it as is the norm with these shoots.
    Jase
    Unlucky to get a edge hit on the third shot to really set it bloody swinging! Yep target was deliberately set as a diamond to make it swing better. Yeah, was a good day - even with the weather.

ebf
    Nice, what was the wind like on Sun compared to Sat ?

We really should have gotten video of some of the contortions and shooting positions on stage 6
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

I'll bring a semi next time ��

ebf
    @Grasshopper, you might want to reconsider once you've seen Gillie's time limits for semi/open class
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Nice, what was the wind like on Sun compared to Sat ?

We really should have gotten video of some of the contortions and shooting positions on stage 6
    Wind had pretty much died for Sunday. Wind adjustments where much less. And no way I am videoing stage 6 - I want to encourage people to come along, not scare them off!

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    I'll bring a semi next time ��
    A semi would be a slight advantage but I think the advantage would only be slight.