Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Target pistol shooting... anyone ?

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by LyonRuge View Post
    Yeah, ive found if the barrell isnt perfectly clean, the round doesnt go all the way in, enough to trip the firing pin, but noe enough to crush the rim, it still puts a clean stamp on the rim, but doesnt fire it, might have to 'free up ' the breech a little! I also have a 1971 Walther GSP, has never misfired and is deadly accurate! guess thats the difference with the German guns eh!
    Thats what you get shooting bloody shitty S&W's

Get rid of it mate.

My offer above is still good though!

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Thats what you get shooting bloody shitty S&W's

Get rid of it mate.

My offer above is still good though!
    Nah, think i'll keep it, i love the look of those 22a's, and it is fun to shoot, mostly, i might spend some time on the breech and find some ammo it like s! sounds to me like you want one!
    There's always a chance, while there's lead in the air!
    A golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Fella's,

FYI, whilst I rarely if ever clean any .22LR barrel, I occasionally clean the chamber of in particular, semi-auto's (both rifle and pistols).
    In my experience, you get a build up of bullet lube and primer and powder residue in the chamber and this will eventually, start to cause
    failures to feed and other jams. I usually just push a couple of bore solvent (any normal solvent like Hoppes), wet cotton patches on a jag into the chamber and keep doing this until they come out clean.
    Then do the same with one or two dry patches two dry out the chamber.
    Like with most rifled firearms, once you clean the barrel, it takes some shots for the barrel to foul up again and begin to shoot back to point of aim and small group size.
    It appears that this may be even more the case with lead bullets in .22LR and hand loaded lead center fire bullets.

Also, another thing that I have noticed with either US or European made .22LR firearms (both pistols and rifles), some US made .22LR shoot smaller groups with US made ammo.
    Ditto with the European made .22LR firearms and European made ammo!

Hope that helps

Merry Christmas
    Homer
    Last edited by Homer; 24-12-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Hi Homer, yeah, i think its a dirty chamber, very clean now, will see how it goes. Just got 1000 9mm proj for xmas, so just loaded up 1500 9mm rounds , might have to go out tomorrow and have a blast!!
    10/22 likes this.
    A golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.

Hi Homer, yeah, i think its a dirty chamber, very clean now, will see how it goes. Just got 1000 9mm proj for xmas, so just loaded up 1500 9mm rounds , might have to go out tomorrow and have a blast!!
    Woops, that should read 150 rounds!

Oh dear! got a bit bored at work! luckily i'd taken my air pistol, made a bit of a target range, and wiled away a couple of hours plinking!

Name:  28122011.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  80.3 KB

Name:  28122011(001).jpg
Views: 859
Size:  83.8 KB

Bit of practice for the air pistol sillhouette shoot coming up in Feb!

Got any more details on that pls? I read about it in Bullshooter but haven't heard back from Murray since an email from before Xmas.

Only details i have is,
    We are going to hold the first HMS sanctioned match on 11th-12th February 2012 at Waitomo PC at Te Kuiti,

I got this from peter payne, i have since decided that im not going to go, as i am going to go down to taupo to shoot at end of feb, to do the .22 postal service shoot. I want to go and shoot it down there to find out how its run/done etc so we can get a bit more organised to do service shoots here.

Righto. I had a similar plan, there's been a few enquiries from Auckland shooters to run a IHMS shoot here too.

Im pretty keen on shooting service pistol, but noone here seems all that interested, so im gonna do the postal .22 shoot, will go to taupo to learn how its run/done and then hopefully order the targets for our club and do the rest of the postal shoots here. and set up a service section here for centre fire as well. Where do you shoot, we have a 200mt ihms range here, so thats pretty popular.

Excited! doing my holster course tomorrow in Rotorua!

Good luck, you'll have fun. Who's running the course?

Cool! Shot 93%, 17/18 for my holster practical, had fun, learnt heaps.
    Also got the S&W shooting 100%, reshaped chamber, cleaned and lubed - wet, not a missfire to be seen!

Hi LR and all the other Pistol shooters on here, Ive just joined the forum. Have been shooting pistol for 3yrs now. Love it. I shoot mainly IPSC with a little bit of Service thrown in for good measure. Would like to have a go at Speed Steel and Action when time and active ranges allow. About the only pistol shooting im not keen on is the CAS stuff-just a lil worried about dressing up in them leathers!!!

I shoot a stock Glock 17 in production. It eats anything I feed it-what a good lil gun.

Cheers all.
    Last edited by Littledog; 29-01-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Oh dear! got a bit bored at work! luckily i'd taken my air pistol, made a bit of a target range, and wiled away a couple of hours plinking!

Attachment 344

Attachment 345

Yeah I got my old Webley Tempest out of the draw on Saturday morning & got the kids shooting some targets in the garage, was a great hour of fun

I had forgotten how much fun air pistol shooting is
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!