Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gonetropo
  • 1 Post By gonetropo
  • 1 Post By Kiwi Sapper

Thread: Turkish benelli m4 clone is the same as Italy version?

Turkish benelli m4 clone is the same as Italy version?

I saw the cheap turkish benelli m4 clone, they are quit cheap, I just wondering they use the same barrel material? Will they function just the same?

Is there any difference with the real Italian version? Besides the price cost like almost 4 times more

stoeger ???

just go buy a fabarm, i have had many semi 12's including the beretta 1201 (same action as benelli) but the fabarm is lighter, and doesnt kick anywhere near as much
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    just go buy a fabarm, i have had many semi 12's including the beretta 1201 (same action as benelli) but the fabarm is lighter, and doesnt kick anywhere near as much
    Loving mine
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Loving mine
    i told you they were awesome!!
    so easy on the shoulder yet so light to carry
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cj0819 View Post
    ...............Is there any difference with the real Italian version? Besides the price cost like almost 4 times more
    Yes, @cj0819 obviously, as they are made in two different factories.

A quick check of mine by weight ,confirms this. Italian 3.82 kg Turkish 3.68 kg.
    Outward appearance, again, yes in the obvious points of tube capacity, the Turk being a 5+1 and the original Iytie which was for the Military, 7+1 . (The Itie civilian model is 5 +1)
    Slight differences in the stock appearance .

The barrel and internal steel parts are made from 4140 steel and the bore of the barrel is chromed.

The receiver is made from 7075 aluminium.

The Turk's claim, that apart from the stock, the weapons are the same.

As for comparison performance, I can not comment as I have never encountered an Itie and as my Turk only arrived this week, I have yet to make it go BANG, but have fully disassembled it without being aware of any shortcomings or faults.

Delta Mike have issued one to a local with instruction to break it and so far he has failed, even when firing slugs on full choke. The slug could not have been in a Sabot as comment was made about lead deposits in the bore.was

The Turks's say there is a 10,000 shot guarantee and estimate that the total shot life is around 50,000.

Wiki suggests that the Itie's military version can reliably function for at least 25,000 rounds without replacement of any major parts.

Someone told me that the big Italian shotgun manufacturers use Turkish made barrels. If that is the case then they are likely the same barrels.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

That sounds interesting. Wonder if it is true.... or a bit like the American Mossberg shotguns being made in Mexico.

Anyway, some of my favourite Turkish barrels.

Name:  turkish wine barrels.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  32.9 KB
    dannyb likes this.