Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Very poor shooting

Please mr R93 take a seat ,is it ok if I call you R ? So tell me the first time you felt the urge to own a Blaser and bite pillows and how did it make you feel?
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Please mr R93 take a seat ,is it ok if I call you R ? So tell me the first time you felt the urge to own a Blaser and bite pillows and how did it make you feel?
    No urge mate, it was a calling. A desire to own perfection I spose. I have never bitten a pillow....honest. Maybe once, I bit the top of a chair at a donkey show in Mexico but that doesnt count? It was only the once.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    How did you manage that?
    My guess is as good as yours.
    VIVA LA HOWA

A donkey show? please continue... did zee chair have a pillow covering? And how did zee disappointment of owning a blaser make you feel during your search for ziss errr perfection?

Ah your time is up Im afraid. ill see you again on zee 28th?

R93
    When we are loading the truck for the trip mr sneeze, please do not be concerned with the industrial tub of vaseline and large box of condoms. You wont see them again, at least not while you are lucid.

Yeah mate! 28th. Looking forward to it.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    150yrds is pretty far. I missed a deer at 15m resting with a bi-pod!
    Understandable. If a deer is resting with a bipod it could well be ready to shoot back.
    Pointer and GravelBen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Understandable. If a deer is resting with a bipod it could well be ready to shoot back.
    Good point. I shouldn't say it as I could have cops banging on my door for being unethical or what ever you want to call it but I had the scope on 9 cause me and a mate spyed these deer about 200 odd meters away and stalked them got to 15m of the closet and I didn't change the scope so that could of been part of it then we both counted down from 3 both pulled the trigger the deer he was aiming at ran away happy mine had a limp and the other 20 or so went everywhere a few sat around then I shot at it again in the chest area thinking my 6.5 could be shooting waaaayyy out and it sat there then he shot it in the neck with his .270 then it dropped. I can only put it down to he could of shot just a fraction earlier and the deer moved forward or what I was looking through the scope wasn't the shoulder it was the back legs.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Good point. I shouldn't say it as I could have cops banging on my door for being unethical or what ever you want to call it but I had the scope on 9 cause me and a mate spyed these deer about 200 odd meters away and stalked them got to 15m of the closet and I didn't change the scope so that could of been part of it then we both counted down from 3 both pulled the trigger the deer he was aiming at ran away happy mine had a limp and the other 20 or so went everywhere a few sat around then I shot at it again in the chest area thinking my 6.5 could be shooting waaaayyy out and it sat there then he shot it in the neck with his .270 then it dropped. I can only put it down to he could of shot just a fraction earlier and the deer moved forward or what I was looking through the scope wasn't the shoulder it was the back legs.
    Arhh "the good old"..... fark I can't see it......why the fark can't I see it.... bloody hell it's on full power....

Still remember the first time I did that, steaming up the hill way to fast being dragged by my mate, over the rise, shit there it is, shoot it shoot it, me, puff puff puff, can't see it, 10-15m away, can't see it, can't see it, Deers goes "thanks guys, see you later....or not..." 16 power...bugger, lesson learnt, had been looking at it 250+ & failed to wind it back

I'm not alone
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Almost.

If you haven't missed you haven't shot many.
    You knew what I meant
    veitnamcam and Pointer like this.

Dan
    I'm not alone
    You are in fact very well accompanied!
    I missed my first reasonable stag at a total distance of about 5 metres. Was glassing and roaring*(see below) off the crest of a pointy spur in the Tararuas. When everything shut up I decided I was a useless hunter and started mowing into a can of beef, when suddenly, crunching noises a little further downhill on the other side of the spur behind me... Look around, holy shit, 12 points, 2 beady eyes and a huge neck not 5 metres away poking out of the leatherwood.
    Up goes ruger, heart racing, abandoned can of beef now clattering off down the hill. realise scope conveniently on 9, all I can see is tines, down a little, an eyeball, pull trigger badly, and clean between his antlers sails uselessy my 130gn speer HP. Head and neck disappear as telltale chunks of dirt erupt from the other side of the creek below.

Not a story I'm proud of but certainly one I learned from haha. Fortunately for me he stopped for a look a bit further downhill and I got him that time, wasn't as great a 12 as I'd thought

*'roaring' - making feeble embarrassing noises into the bush hoping to be of interest to stags.
    Dougie likes this.

Im ok with misses nothing ventured nothing gained, its when I hit the bugger and it runs away injured that I really gets to me