Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 2 Post By 40mm
  • 1 Post By Sideshow
  • 1 Post By 40mm
  • 2 Post By tac a1

Thread: Visitors firearms permit?

Visitors firearms permit?

So looking once more to come back to NZ for a short stay over the roar and duck shooting....last time for the duck shooting was 27 years ago lol.

Just tried to apply for a visitors permit. Only for the real me to kick me out?

Then noticed this ...

"Note: There is currently a fault preventing visitor licence applications from being completed. We apologise for any inconvenience as we work to fix the issue".

https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-se...bring-firearms

Anyone shed any light on how long this has been an issue?

Cheers
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Know someone coming over from Aussie. He has a nz fal from living here but was saying that the visitors license system was a real mess (think he had a mate wanting to join him)

Hey guys im battleing through it.
    Yeah its a real mess with this RealMe app thing that is not good took me a long time to navigate around the hurdles that are put in the road.

Im now on the main police site. Its not shut but they have not taken down that it hasent, so if you dont persist you would give up and not bother.

Few changes from the last time I applied.

One of the main things is if you bring in a firearm you need to take it out again. Hope I dont lose mine over the side when shooting from the punt......hey it can happen.

The other piece that looks interesting is that you cant apply for a firearms licences if you have a visits licences?

That makes no senses.......they will let you into the country with your firearms....let you go hunting and shooting...but then wont let you apply for a full term one if you decide to but are still on the visitors one.

Dose anyone know the law around buying/gifting a firearm off of a visitor? The firearm has been imported and approved by the boarded authority.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Know someone coming over from Aussie. He has a nz fal from living here but was saying that the visitors license system was a real mess (think he had a mate wanting to join him)
    @223nut tell him to keep trying its the logging in process that is the hardest.
    I found its better to log in without going through the police website and then applying from within the RealMe site. Yep its a mess but to be expectd with who is in charge.

Heard it used to be a case of just turn up with your gear, sign a few forms and that's you sorted?

How did they manage to justify changing all of what made NZ a hunters paradise because of one terrorist?!

Must be millions of dollars gone in potential revenue!

the must take out again is a right barstard...there goes the cheaper highend stuff that clients leave behind with guides...wonder if the likes of binos and rangefinders will end up caught in same net........
    caberslash likes this.

Fuck that 'realme' shit.
    ANd the 'enrolmy' rubbish too.

I was 'required' to sign up to these sites at various times.... I started tohe process and the password requirements were upper case, lower case and numbers etc.
    Fucked if I am going to change my generic password to suit these idiots.

So I pressed the cancel button and did it the slow way *(which I think was faster)

Wankers and their over complicated toys.
    257weatherby and Sideshow like this.
    Use enough gun

lol like that twice @40mm
    40mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    lol like that twice @40mm
    Yeah, I reckon.
    They want a bunch of personal details just to sign my kids up to swim lessons! And thats not even the swim lesson people getting the data, the 'enrolmy' bastards collect the data and then use it for whatever they feel like. (basically)

Screw em, I'll make em suffer the wrath of actual paper.
    mikee likes this.
    Use enough gun

I have had a two year battle with them over my uncles F/a license. He is a NZ citizen, but not a resident as he lives overseas. He visits regularly ( pre covid) Police wouldn't let him have a license because they didn't know what he's been up to oversea's. 'Working' was his response. he even had to go the extreme of getting a Police report to say that he has never been in trouble where he lives.

Still not good enough.

Multiple letters from family and friends stating that he is fit and proper etc etc. Still not good enough. No one willing to sign off the application between waikato and wellington.

Finally after threats of legal action against them, the license finally arrives. No communication from them at all about it.

hopeless, but I finally won.
    norsk and caberslash like this.

Well they seem to be winning the “Harts & Minds competition”!

Be interesting to see if this war (god forbid) goes full retard and I get stuck in NZ what happens then?

If it’s good enough that they trust the security of another FAL holder that I can gift sell a firearm to that person.

Doesn’t make much sense to me…..but what do I know!

Watching with interest
    Hoping to bring a rifle over myself

Bit more on this.
    I think if you get a FAL NZ holder to apply for the import permit for your firearms then show that these have been imported this maybe a way around it.
    I see on the application to import in section 1 it says "Agent’s details (if applicable)"

So you dont need an agent to import.

If the FAL holder then was on the same plane they would then be imoprting them when they came through customs at the airport.

Sure its a big gery area but cant see where it says that you cant do this......will be different once the register is up and runnning.