Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What is your measure for practical 22 accuracy ?

@ebf Its an interesting topic so I'll probably put a post on the GPRE FB page as well.

But for Open class, practical 22LR accuracy in our events I would suggest the minimum precision standard is 0.4MIL or something close to ~1.5MOA out to the maximum target distance for that event. In our Tokoroa Open class that means ideally you, your rifle, and your ammo want to be able to reasonably consistently produce ~1.5MOA groups from your normal bipod/rear bag supported prone position with not too long taken to get into position. I personally aim for better with my own set-up but you won't be significantly disadvantaged with a 22LR that shoots 1.5MOA out to 200m in our Open class event.

Wind of course will come along and make its presence felt but I would have no qualms at all putting an 8cm target at 200m in a learn your limits stage. Keeping in mind my normal LYL small target in Open class uses a 35mm target at ~160m...

For the rest of the positions here is our recommendations for practical accuracy (i.e. the combination of you, your rifle, and your ammo). Please note the prone here is unsupported and looking at it again I think the sitting target is a little large...
    Also these are target sizes we recommend we don't go smaller than. Our "average" targets are larger than recommended here on the understanding there aren't too many competitors we see that can do this all day with our stages.
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-10-15 17.29.38.png
Views: 249
Size:  51.8 KB
    ebf likes this.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

Might "borrow" that @Gillie .
    Gillie likes this.